Current Affairs for 13 April and 14 April 2019
BANKING AND ECONOMY
CURRENT AFFAIRS VIDEO
- India’s first-of-its-kind ‘Voter Park’ has been inaugurated in Gurugram, to raise voter awareness instructing people about the electoral process.
- At the park, voters will get information about the polling process and the history of elections in the country.
- FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) has launched a mobile app, “My Circle” in collaboration with Bharti Airtel to assist women in case they face any panic situation or problem.
- It enables women to send SOS alerts to any five of their family or friends in 13 languages.
- The world’s largest aircraft – Stratolaunch aircraft took off over the Mojave Desert in California.
- It is a carbon-composite plane built by Stratolaunch Systems Corp.
- The aircraft’s wingspan measures 117m.
- It is designed for launching for sending satellite-carrying rockets into low-Earth orbit.
- The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has unanimously voted for the resolution to completely end its peacekeeping operations in Haiti – known as MINUSTAH, on October 15.
- The mandate of the United Nations Mission for Justice Support in Haiti (MINUJUSTH) is set out in the Security Council Resolution 2350 (2017), which was adopted on 13 April 2017.
- It provided for the establishment of a peacekeeping mission in Haiti that would begin operations upon completion of the mandate of the United Nations Stabilization Mission in Haiti (MINUSTAH).
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- HDFC Bank has been ranked at the first position in the Forbes’ first-ever list of the World’s Best Bank 2019 in India in terms of customer services and technological advancements.
- SBI was ranked at the 11th position.
- ICICI Bank was at the second position followed by DBS Bank.
PAISALODigital Limited signed the first Co-Origination loan agreement with State Bank of India to empower the AGRI, MSME segment and small businesses.
- This is a first agreement of its kind in the country that SBI has signed.
PAISALODigital Limited is a leading Systemically Important Non-Deposit taking NBFC registered with the RBI.
- The loan ticket is designed at 10,000 to 2 lakh.
Co-Origination Loan Agreement – The arrangement should entail
Involves risk sharing and rewards between banks and NBFCs.
As per RBI’s guidelines, 20% of the credit risk by way of direct exposure shall be on NBFC’s books till maturity and the balance will be on bank’s books. (Sept 2018).
- An in-principal approval has been received by Bharti Airtel from the Telecom Department on the merger of Tata Teleservices (TTSL).
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has granted 12 years to Life Insurance Corporation to bring down its stake in IDBI Bank.
- As reported, LIC has to bring down stake by 10%.
- As per IRDAI, LIC can hold
upto15% in a bank which can go up to 30 per centin case of board approval.
- But LIC got the approval to invest up to 51
per centin IDBI Bank last year.
- RBI has permitted the Reinsurance Brokers to open Non-Interest Bearing Foreign Currency Accounts with banks for undertaking transactions.
- Foreign currency account refers to a bank account held or maintained in currency other than the currency of India or Nepal or Bhutan.
- Bibhu Kalyan Nayak became the first Indian to be appointed Chair of International Hockey Federation (FIH) Health and Safety Committee.
- Recently, he also served as the Medical Officer for the 2018 Men’s World Cup held in Odisha.
- Mahmoud Abbas has been appointed as the President of State of Palestine.
100th anniversaryJallianwallah Bagh Massacre (April 13, 1919) also known as the Amritsar massacre was observed on April 13, 2019.
- Russia has conferred Indian PM Narendra Modi with the country’s Highest Civilian award – Order of Saint Andrew The Apostle.
- For promoting
special& privileged strategic partnership between Russia and India.
- For promoting
- The schemes of the West Bengal government ‘Utkarsh Bangla’ and ‘Sabooj Sathi’ won the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards of United Nations.
- Utkarsh Bangla– aimed at providing vocational training to school dropouts.
- Sabooj Sathi – for distribution of bicycles to the students of Class IX to XII studying in Govt. run and Govt. aided Schools and Madrashas.
- Digital Sukoon founder, Sudhanshu Kumar was
honouredwith the DrBabasaheb Ambedkar Nobel Award by International Human Rights Council.
- Also, Digital Sukoon was named as the Best Digital Agency of the Year 2019.
- Telugu poet K Siva Reddy is to be conferred the Saraswati Samman 2018, for his collection of poems titled Pakkaki Ottigilite (Turning Aside While Lying Down).
- The Saraswati Samman award was given annually for an outstanding literary work written in any 22 Indian languages listed in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India.
- John Moore’s photograph has been awarded
withthe prestigious World Press Photo of the Year in which a little girl is crying as she and her mother have been taken into custody by US border officials.
DrA K Singh, Director at Life Sciences, DRDO, was conferred with Lifetime Achievement Award during 4th APJ Abdul Kalam Innovation Conclave at Chandigarh.
- The Asian Athletic Association (AAA) has named Indonesian Eni Nuraeni as the Best Athletic Coach in Asia in 2019 for
- Meena Kumari Maisnam clinched gold medal under 54 kg at the Cologne Boxing World Cup 2019 held in Germany.