Current Affairs for 23 March, 24 March and 25 March 2019
BANKING AND ECONOMY
CURRENT AFFAIRS VIDEO
- CBSE has launched a new podcast platform (mobile app) named “CBSE Shiksha Vani” to disseminate the information uniformly to students and parents.
- According to the preliminary World Airport Traffic Rankings 2018 released by Airports Council International, Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi has moved up from 16th position to become the World’s 12th Busiest airport handling 9 crore domestic and international flyers in 2018.
- Atlanta-Hartsfield-Jackson Airport kept the top place and handled over 107 million passengers.
- Beijing Airport was
atthe second position.
Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, Atlanta, Georgia
Dubai Airport, UAE
- India’s first forest-certification scheme developed specifically for Indian forest – Certification Standard for Sustainable Forest Management (SFM) got global recognition by a
Geneva basednon-profit firm.
- It is developed by Network for Certification and Conservation of Forests (NCCF), an Indian non-profit organization.
- Forest certification, a global movement initiated in
1990safter Rio Earth Summit, is a market-based non-regulatory conservation tool designed to promote sustainable management of forests and trees outside forests by an independent third party.
- Japan has donated $69 million to the United Nations World Food Programme to provide vital aid to 28 countries in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia.
- The biggest shares of the money
hasbeen earmarked for Yemen and Iraq.
- World Food Programme is a leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
- The biggest shares of the money
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- As per the Global Economic Outlook by Fitch, India’s economic growth forecast has been reduced to 6.8% from 7% earlier for FY19-20 (1 April 2019 – 31 March 2020).
- The GDP forecast for FY19 (ending March 2019) has been slashed to 7.2% from 7.8%.
- The Indian economy is expected to do better in FY 21, with
growthrate expected at 7.1%.
Mi Pay, a UPI (Unified Payments Interface) based mobile payment app has been launched by Xiaomi. Mi Paywill be exclusive to MIUI-based Xiaomi smartphone users.
- Microsoft has become the first developer of a fully automated DNA storage device which can translate digital information into DNA and reverse translation of DNA data into bits.
- SEBI has sought powers to conduct
inspectionof books of accounts of listed companies for contravention of any securities law and also to take direct action against the fraudsters.
- At present, SEBI is empowered to conduct such inspections in case of violations relating to insider trading and fraudulent or unfair trade practices.
- Another amendment – The term ‘material or non-public information’ has been replaced with ‘unpublished price sensitive information’.
- Online payments platform PhonePe appointed Bollywood actor Aamir Khan as its
- Vice Admiral Karambir Singh has been appointed as the 24th Chief of Naval
- He will succeed present Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba who retires in May 2019.
- India observed Shaheed Divas or Martyr’s Day on March 23 as a tribute to the Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev
andRajguru on their death anniversary.
- World Meteorological Day is observed annually on March 23 to commemorate the establishment of
WorldMeteorological Organization (WMO) in 1950.
- The 2019 theme is “The Sun, the Earth and the Weather”.
- World Tuberculosis Day is observed each year on March 24 to create awareness about TB.
Themefor 2019 – ‘It’s time’
- Bacteria – Mycobacterium tuberculosis bacterium
- Discovered – In 1882 by
- International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade is observed on March 25th every year to
honourand remember those who suffered and died at the hands of the brutal slavery system.
- London Olympics bronze medallist Saina Nehwal was named ‘Sportsperson of the Year’ at the annual Telangana Sports Journalists Association awards function.
- Rio Olympics silver medallist V. Sindhu was named ‘Outstanding Performer’ in women’s section.
- Gopichand was presented the ‘Coach of the Year’ award.
- The Indian badminton team was adjudged the ‘Team of the Year’.
- Film fare Awards 2019
Best Actor in a Leading Role (Male)
Ranbir Kapoor (Sanju)
Best Actor in a Leading Role (Female)
Alia Bhatt (Raazi)
Meghna Gulzar (Raazi)
- India clinched South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Women’s Championship 2019 by defeating Nepal in Nepal.
- It was for the fifth time in a row that India won the championship.
- Veselin Matic is set to be appointed as the new head coach of the Indian men’s basketball team.
- Book – “The Great Disappointment: How Narendra Modi Squandered a Unique Opportunity to Transform the Indian Economy” – has been released by author Salman Anees Soz.
- The word ‘Chuddies’ has been recognized as
officialEnglish word by the Oxford English Dictionary (OED).
- The word means ‘underpants’.
- Italy’s new satellite PRISMA (Precursore Iperspettrale della Missione Applicativa) has been launched from the Guiana Space Centre.
- It is an Earth-observation satellite.
- Former Chief Election Commissioner of India Navin Chawla has launched its book ‘Every Vote Counts’.