Current Affairs June 25 to June 30, 2019
BANKING AND ECONOMY
CURRENT AFFAIRS VIDEO
- Self Defence training will be given to girls (of class 6 to 12) under Samagra Shiksha scheme in all government schools.
- The scheme (effective from 2018-19) comes under the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- For this purpose, the fund of 3000 p.m. per school for three months will be given.
- States are asked for convergence to avail funding under Nirbhaya fund (under the Ministry of Women and Child Development), state schemes or, central govt. scheme.
- Wind and solar power will supply almost half of the electricity by 2050 as per the “New Energy Outlook (NEO) report 2019 ”released by Bloomberg NEF.
- Wind and solar power will grow from 7% to 48% by 2050, and coal’s use will reduce from 37% to 12% by 2050 and oil use for energy will be
- Investment in the wind will take $5.3 Tn and solar will take $4.2 Tn (in energy production will rise to $13.3tn) as the electricity demand is set to increase by 62%.
- US’s renewable energy sources will reach 43%.
- Europe would be the fastest to decarbonise its grid, with 92% of its electricity coming from renewables by 2050
- Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare has set up the 713 Krishi Vigyan Kendras (KVK) and 684 Agricultural Technology Management Agencies (ATMA) at the district level in the country.
- Purpose: – To use digital technology in rural India to double farmers’ income by 2022 by helping farmers with technology.
- An Inter-Ministerial committee was also set up to suggest a strategy to achieve this goal by 2022.
- The committee suggested introducing a soil health card scheme.
4. Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) is planning to modify the format of driving licenses to smart card type driving licenses under SARATHI
- Purpose: To implement a standardized format of driving license nationwide.
- SARATHI (developed by National Informatics Centre) maintains a common database of all driving license holders countrywide.
5. South Korea and Bhagwan Mahaveer Viklang Sahayata Samiti (BMVSS) have partnered to collaborate in research and development activities for prosthetic limbs (Jaipur Foot-Korea).