May 27, 2018
- First smart and green highway, the Eastern Peripheral Expressway (National Expressway II) is inaugurated which passes through Haryana and Uttar Pradesh
- It is 135-kilometres six-lane access-controlled expressway
- It envisages signal-free connectivity between Delhi and UP (Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gautam Budh Nagar and Palwal)
- It is India’s first highway to be lit by solar power besides provisions for rainwater harvesting.
- A survey has been launched on the NaMo App, asking people to rate the performance of the government at the Centre and MPs and MLAs in their constituencies.
- NaMo App – The Android application is a one-stop destination for knowing about all the latest day-to-day activities of the Prime Minister.
- The 15th Finance Commission will be visiting Kerala.
- Kerala is the first state in Southern India to be visited by Commission.
Objectiveis to assess the state of finance of Kerala and progress of the state in the socio-economic sector.
- The commission is led by Chairman K Singh
- Kerala is the 10th largest state that contributes to 2% of GDP of the nation
- The DRDO made the Rustom – II, Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) which will be delivered by the armed forces by 2020.
- It has been made of the use of all the three wings Armed forces viz. Air Force, Indian Army an Indian Navy.
- The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) decided to cut its administrative charges by 5% from 0.65% to 0.50%.
- Ramesh Chand Meena has been appointed as the Chairperson of Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India Ltd. (TRIFED)
- Pratibha Brahma was elected as the Vice Chairperson of TRIFED.
- Japan’s women clinched the Uber Cup for the first time since 1981
- The Uber Cup, also known as World Team Championships for Women, is a major international badminton competition contested by women’s national badminton teams
- Real Madrid has won the UEFA (The Union of European Football Associations) Champions League defeating Liverpool in Kiev, Ukraine
- Former US astronaut Alan Bean, who was the fourth man to walk on the Moon, has died.
- A discovery led by researchers at
Universityof Minnesota, US said that a new element has been found with magnetic properties, Ruthenium(Ru).
- It is the fourth element to have magnetic properties
- Iron (Fe), cobalt (Co) and Nickel (Ni) has these similar properties