April 29, 2018
- Pawan Chamling, Chief Minister of Sikkim, became the longest-serving Chief Minister in India
- Surpassing the record of Jyoti Basu, who served as West Bengal CM from 1977 to 2000.
- Chamling became the Chief Minister in 1994 and belongs to Sikkim Democratic Front which was formed by him in 1993.
- Delhi government will set up ‘Rogi Kalyan Samitis’ in each Assembly constituency and ‘Jan Swasthaya Samitis’ in state-run dispensaries, poly clinics and mohalla clinics
- To provide support to the health institutions.
- ‘Assembly Rogi Kalyan Samitis’ – an advisory role in assisting health facilities
- The ‘Jan Swasthaya Samitis’ – set up as its sub-committee.
- Each ‘Assembly Rogi Kalyan Samiti’ and ‘Jan Swasthaya Samiti’ will receive Rs 3 lakh as grand-in aid every year.
- Andhra Pradesh government started ‘Bhu Seva’ (land hub) project aimed at offering integrated services related with land.
- Each land parcel will be given a Bhudhar Number
- The Bhudhar Number is an 11 digit unique number for easy identification of details of land parcel
- Andhra Pradesh is the first state in India to complete geotagging of each land parcel in the state
- Indian Government will soon launch a uniform and credible national-level disaster database on UN Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR’s) insistence to implement its commitment to the Sendai Framework.
- Dynamic platform to obtain validated data on nationwide losses of properties and lives occurring due to disasters.
- It will also help the central government to decide the quantum of future investments in critical infrastructure
- According to UNISDR, India ranks among the top four countries in the world with highest number of reported disasters
- Indian Culinary Institute (ICI) inaugurated at Noida
- The Noida campus is one of the two ICI campuses. The other one is developed at Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh.
- ‘Odisha Skills 2018’, the state-level chapter of India Skill competition organised by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC)inaugurated in Cuttack, Odisha.
- Union Petroleum and Skill Development Minister Dharmendra Pradhan also inaugurated a skill-cum-common facility centre for filigree craftsman of Cuttack.
- A Pipe-Fitter-City Gas Distribution course will begin at the Skill Development Institute at Bhubaneswar from 9thMay 2018.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur inaugurated the Kanda Pattan-Sarkaghat Water Supply Scheme at Cholthara in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh.
8. As per a report by Deutsche Bank, Indian economy is likely to register Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of 5 per cent in financial year 2018-19
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- HDFC Bank has launched IRA (Intelligent Robotic Assistant) 2.0, the second version of its interactive humanoidat the Koramangala branch in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Developed by HDFC Bank in collaboration with Invento Makerspaces and Senseforth Technologies.
- Through voice based navigation, IRA will interact with customers, answer bank-related queries, frequently asked questions and will guide them inside the branch.
- First Version of IRA was launched in January 2017 and is stationed at its Palarivattom branch in Kochi, Kerala
- HDFC Bank has also launched its virtual assistant ‘EVA’ (Electronic Virtual Assistant)on Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Information about bank’s product features, interest rates, fee and charges, credit card reward points/payment date/expiry date, branches address, IFSC, process to block/unblock cards and what to do if one forgets pin.
- As per NITI Aayog Chairman, Rajiv Kumar, Indian economy is expected to grow by at least 7.5 per cent in 2018-19.
- As per data provided by Union Finance Ministry, Government has collected Rs 7.41 trillion in taxes in the first year of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) ending March 31, 2018.
- India’s largest bank, State Bank of India (SBI) has reshuffled the roles of its top management.
- C Venkat Nageswar, who was in charge of global treasury operations will be the new MD & CEO of SBI Capital Markets.
- Sanjeev Nautiyal has been appointed as CEO of SBI Life.
- 29thApril 2018 – International Dance Day
- Parijat Industries (India) Pvt Ltd, an Indian agrochemical company, has been conferred the “Sarvashrestha Suraksha Puraskar” gold award for the year
- Presented by The NSCI (National Safety Council, India) for occupational safety, health and environment.
- 56thedition of Belgrade International Boxing Championship was held at Belgrade in Serbia
- Indian boxers won three gold, five silver and five bronze medals at this championship
- Sumit Sangawan – 91 Kg category – Gold
- Nikhat Zareen – 51 Kg – Gold
- Himanshu Sharma – 49Kg – Gold
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh released ‘My Journey from Marxism-Leninism to Nehruvian Socialism’
- Written by former Planning Commission and Finance Commission member C H Hanumantha Rao.