June 3, 2018
- India successfully carried out the flight test of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet (SFDR) propulsion based missile, according to the Defence Ministry.
- Minister of State for AYUSH (Independent Charge), Shripad Yesso Naik will inaugurate the third National Health Editors’ Conference on Yoga at Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) in New Delhi.
- Humsafar Jodhpur Bandra Express is flagged off at Bhagat Ki Kothi Railway Station in Jodhpur, Rajasthan.
- NTPC adopted the Charminar in Hyderabad under the Swachh Iconic Places Project.
- This has been selected under the Swachh Bharat Mission
- The state government of Gujarat has launched a dedicated ambulance service for infants.
- It has been done to prevent the death of newborns due to lack of emergency medical facilities in health centres
- This service is under the ‘Neonatal ambulance service project for inter-hospital transfer’
- Telangana State Forest Development Corporation (TSFDC) has launched two eco-tourism projects in the state.
- One will be developed in Chintaguda Village of Mancherial district near Kawal Tiger reserve
- Another will be developed in the backwaters of Nagarjuna Sagar at Vizag Colony.
- On June 3, 2018, Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change and The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) has inked MOU to set up a Resource Efficiency cell.
- It aims to provide mainstream resource efficiency in public policy besides serving as a platform for various ministries and agencies to promote resource efficiency in the use of materials in the country.
- India would import its first ever LNG from Russia on June 4, 2018.
- India considered the fourth largest buyer of Liquefied Natural gas.
- GAIL India Ltd. will be importing the LNG from Gazprom at Petronet LNG.
- India successfully test-fired Agni-5, its indigenously developed nuclear capable long-range ballistic missile with strike range of 5,000 km from Dr Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast.
- Agni-5 is a surface to surface missile.
- It features very high accuracy Ring Laser Gyro based Inertial Navigation System (RINS), and advanced Micro Navigation System (MINS).
- With an aim to make 500-meter area around Taj Mahal litter free and phase out single-use plastic, Union Minister Mahesh Sharma administered a pledge to Agra Residents.
- The pledge is called “Taj Declaration to Beat Plastic Pollution”
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- The global financial services major Morgan Stanley reported that India would become a leader in shared mobility by 2030.
- This improvement would be caused by the increasing amount of electric and autonomous vehicles being used.
- This would increase the shared miles by 35% to 50% of all miles traveled in India by 2040.
- Priyanka Das from Assam has been appointed as an ambassador for ‘Promote Science’ initiative in France to encourage girls to pursue scientific careers.
- On The Financial Literacy week begins from June 4 to June 8, 2018.
- The theme for this year’s Financial Literacy week has been declared by RBI as: Consumer Protection.
- The event will focus on creating awareness among customers of banks about financial products and services, good financial practices and going digital
- Resolution of the complaints would be received within 90 days from the date of receipt of complaint.
- Awareness regarding Banking Ombudsman scheme would be emphasized.
- On June 3, 2018, the first World Bicycle Day was celebrated all over the world.
- The World Bicycle Day has been coined to honour the uniqueness, longevity and versatility of the bicycle and the environmental and health benefits of using bicycle as a mode of transport.
- India’s Sanjana Ramesh was awarded the ‘Most Valuable Player’ (MVP) at Basketball Without Borders Asia 2018 held at the NBA Academy India in Greater Noida
- Kagiso Rabada, the world’s number one Test bowler, was named as South Africa’s Cricketer of the Year.