May 3, 2018
- ‘Vibrant North East 2018′ is held in Guwahati, Assam.
- It acts as a platform to exhibit North East’s potential and for better implementation of Central schemes in Northeast
- The Maharashtra government decided to recommend the declaration of an ordinance to rename the Jalgaon-based North Maharashtra University after poetess Bahinabai Chaudhari.
- The North Maharashtra University is to be renamed as ‘Kaviyatri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University’.
- Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) announced that now Pensioners can view their pension passbook on mobile phones using Umang app.
- Union Environment Ministry has banned party poppers, stating that the devices pose a serious threat to human health and environment as they contain plastic glittering material and the other charged chemicals mainly composed of red-phosphorous, potassium chlorate and potassium perchlorate.
- A task force constituted by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) presented its report on “Establishing a Coalition on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI)”
- This task force was constituted on August 18, 2017 and is headed by Ms. Preeti Saran, Secretary (East), Ministry of External Affairs.
- The controversial UK marketing analytics firm Cambridge Analytica, which has been at the heart of the Facebook data scandal, has announced to cease all its operations immediately and filing for insolvency in Britain and the United States.
- Its British Parent – SCL Elections Ltd will also be shut down immediately
- GroupM, part of WPP group, which is a global advertising group, announced that it has appointed Sameer Singh as the CEO of its South Asia operations.
- BJP leader Shanti Jiban Chakma will be sworn-in as chief executive member (CEM) of the Chakma Autonomous District Council (CADC) in Mizoram.
- World Press Freedom Day – May 3
- Theme – Keeping Power in Check: Media, Justice and The Rule of Law’.
- Mohamed Salah of Liverpool football team has been named the Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year for 2017/18.
- Fran Kirby of Chelsea team won the inaugural FWA Women’s Footballer of the Year award.
- Indian pugilist Neeraj Goyat has been awarded the WBC Asia Boxer of the Year Award.
- Neerav Tomar was awarded the ‘WBC Asia honorary Promoter of the year 2017 Award’ by the Asian Boxing Council.
- ICC ODI team Rankings released on May 2, 2018
- Ist – England
- IInd – India
- IIIrd – South Africa
- T20I Rankings
- Pakistan – Ist
- Australia – IInd
- India – IIIrd
- Malayalam detective novelist Kottayam Pushpanath passed away in Kottayam, Kerala.
- Scientists have found that global warming is driving proliferation of Noctiluca algae (commonly known as sea tinkle), a harmful algae in Arabian Sea responsible for glowing of Mumbai’s beaches in dark