Current Affairs for 7 May 2019
BANKING AND ECONOMY
CURRENT AFFAIRS VIDEO
- Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship is setting up a National Skills Registry (database) to match skilled job seekers and apprentices with employers.
- The database is created by IBM Company.
- Reason:- To increase job opportunities.
- All electric vehicle and hybrid manufacturers will have to localize manufacturing of wheel rims integrated with hub motor and HVAC units (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) for electric cars from 1 October 2019 under FAME II.
- FAME- Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Hybrid and Electric Vehicles schemes was adopted on 1st April 2015 under Department of heavy Industry, to boost clean energy transport mobility in the country.
- National Green Tribunal has formed a committee to present factual report on the illegal road construction in the buffer area for commercial purpose amid Rajaji Tiger Reserve in Uttarakhand.
- The IBSA (India, Brazil & South Africa) Sherpas’ Meeting, following the 9th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Meeting, was held in Cochin.
- IBSAMAR (India-Brazil-South Africa Maritime) is the joint trilateral naval exercise which was last held in October 2018.
- India with French collaboration has launched the fourth of six underwater warships- Scorpene-class submarine INS Vela of Project 75 at the Mazagon Dockyard in Mumbai.
- INS Vela was first commissioned in
- Under Project 75, Indian Navy intends to acquire six diesel electric submarines.
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission(KVIC) has distributed more than 1 lakh bee-boxes in less than two years among farmers and unemployed youths across the country as part of its Honey
- ‘Honey Mission’ was launched in 2017 following the Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s call for ‘Sweet Revolution’ to promote beekeeping.
- GRIHA Council launched its rating system ‘GRIHA for Existing Day Schools’ for evaluation of ‘greenness’ of existing day schools.
- Parameters for ratings are: – Energy, Comfort, Water, Sustainable Waste Management, Trees, Social.
- GRIHA- Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment is a tool of rating adopted by Ministry of New and Renewable Energy to ‘rate’ a building on the degree of its ‘greenness’.
- US is planning to issue 30,000 more H-2B visas to non-farm foreign workers.
- H-2B allows foreign workers to work temporarily in US in nonfarm sector.
- SpaceX has launched its “Dragon Spacecraft” with cargo (filled with supplies) to International Space Station (ISS) on a Falcon 9 rocket, as part of its CRS-17 mission.
- CRS-17 Mission of SpaceX is a Commercial Resupply Service mission to the ISS.
- US successfully tested the laser weapons system– Self-Protect High Energy Laser Demonstrator (SHiELD) to shoot down multiple missiles while in flight.
- SHiELD will be later added to aircrafts.
BANKING AND ECONOMY
- Rating Agency ICRA has downgraded Yes Bank’s ranking from AA to AA- (negative) to fix Yes Bank at 10th spot below Bank of Baroda and Punjab National Bank at a capitalization of 38.515.71 crore.
- HDFC Bank is the India’s most valuable bank at Rs 6.34 trillion, followed by State Bank of India and Kotak Mahindra Bank with valuation of ₹2.76 trillion and 2.68 trillion, respectively.
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma have been appointed as the First official brand Ambassadors of Flipkart owned Myntra.
- G D ‘Robert’ Govender, an Indian-origin journalist in South Africa, has been honoured with V K Krishna Menon award 2019 in London.
- Reason: – For his outstanding contribution as a pioneer of decolonised journalism.
- Gaurav Solanki and Manish Kaushik won Gold medal each at the 36th Feliks Stamm International boxing tournament concluded in Warsaw, Poland.
- India won 1 silver and 3 bronze at this tournament.
- Vaidehi Chaudhari won the $3000 FinIQ–ATT Asian Ranking Women’s tennis