8th February – 15th February, 2019
- Mobile App ‘DigiCop’ of the Chennai police department was launched using which people can track the status of stolen two-wheelers and cell phones.
- The details of 18,000 stolen mobile phones are stored in the App.
- Using DigiCop App, people can verify IMEI, report lost two-wheelers and phones, know the nearest police station, police news, and traffic alerts.
- India Pavilion was launched at the Berlin International Film Festival (Berlinale) 2019.
- India and Bangladesh have signed an MOU for training 1800 Bangladesh Civil Servants at the National Centre for Good Governance (NCGG).
- NCGG is an institute under the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances (DAR&PG), Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Govt. of India.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Government declared Ladakh as the third administrative division of the state.
- The new division will comprise Leh and Kargil districts with Leh being the division’s headquarters.
- 2nd ASEAN-India Youth Summit was inaugurated at Hotel Taj Vivanta in Guwahati.
- Theme: “Connectivity: Pathway to Shared Prosperity”
- ASEAN-India Youth Summit is a step to facilitate socio-cultural exchanges between the countries of the region, to further strengthen the values of tolerance, pluralism
anddiversity, which is an integral part of the traditions of India and the countries of ASEAN.
- Three-year Asiatic Lion Conservation Project was launched by The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC) in collaboration with the state of Gujarat.
- MoEFCC allocated Rs 59 crores to focus on better management of the lion habitat, disease control and veterinary care for them.
- Gujarat government also implemented Rs 80 crore that will be spent on
specialisedveterinary hospitals and full-fledged ambulances for lions.
- The Second Himalayan Cloud Observatory is set up in SRT campus in Tehri district of Uttarakhand by Indian Science and Technology Department and Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur.
- The motive of the observatory is to forecast and monitor cloudburst incidents in the Himalayan region and help to minimize the damage.
- The First Cloud Observatory was set up in Kerala.
- The three-day Krishi Kumbh was inaugurated in Motihar, Bihar.
- The objective of Krishi Kumbh is to promote modern techniques and diversification in agriculture that could help in doubling farmers income.
- The Second edition of India Heritage Walk Festival (IHWF) 2019 was
organisedby Sahapedia in partnership with UNESCO.
- This festival offers
opportunityto discover the hidden gems linked to the history.
- 2ndPhase of River Information System (RIS) was inaugurated between Farakka and Patna on National Waterway-1 (River Ganga) in Prayagraj under Jal Marg Vikas Project under Ministry of Shipping.
- The 2ndPhase of RIS is aimed at enhancing swift electronic data transfer so as to boost movement of Cargo and Fishery Development in river Ganga.
- A new arrangement of Navigation Lock to enable breeding of Hilsa fish in River Ganga and to conserve the river ecosystem is being constructed with the cost of Rs. 361.35 Crore at NW-1