25th January – 31st January, 2019
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)successfully launched Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle – C44 (PSLV-C44) carrying Kalamsat V2 and imaging satellite Microsat R from Sathish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota in Andhra Pradesh.
- Kalamsat is a communication satellite with one-kilogram weight and a life span of 2 months.
- Kalamsat is a payload developed by students and Chennai based Space Kidz India for the first time.
- The Kalamsat is the first to use the rocket`s fourth stage as an orbital platform
- It is the lightest ever satellite launched by India.
- Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully test fired Long-Range Surface to Air Missile (LR-SAM) – ‘Barak 8’ from naval warship INS Chennai.
- LRSAM has been jointly developed by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), India and M/s Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Israel for the Indian Navy.
- Telangana Government headed by S K Joshi formed ‘State Tiger Protection Force’ to save Big Cat Population in state.
- GST on Haj has been reduced from 18% to 5% which will significantly lower the airfare thus saving Haj pilgrims’ 113 crore rupees this year.
- “Jiban Sampark” project is announced in Odisha in partnership with UNICEF India to generate awareness about the development and welfare initiatives of state government among the Particularly Vulnerable Tribal Groups (PVTG) of the state.
- PVTG is a government of India classification created with the purpose of enabling improvement in the conditions of certain communities with particularly low development indices.
- The Country’s Second Tulip Garden is constructed in Uttarakhand over a 50 hectares of forest land.
- The First Tulip Garden is located in Srinagar (Jammu and Kashmir).
- The Four-lane Ganga Expressway (600km) which is world’s largest expressway construction is approved by Uttar Pradesh.
- It will connect Prayagraj to Western Uttar Pradesh.
- The Ganga expressway will require 6,556 hectares of land and it will be access-controlled and four-laned, which will be expandable to six lanes.
- First Swadesh Darshan Project – “Development of North East Circuit: Umiam (Lake View) – U Lum Sohpetbneng- Mawdiangdiang – Orchid Lake Resort” is Inaugurated in Sikkim.
- Under this project the Ministry has developed facilities like Traditional Healing Center, Tribal Rejuvenation Center, Tourist Information Center, etc.
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme is one of the flagship schemes of Ministry of tourism for development of thematic circuits in the country in a planned manner.
- India ranks 78 out of 180 countries in the Global Corruption Index 2018.
- Global Corruption Index 2018 is an index published annually by Transparency International which ranks countries by their perceived levels of public sector corruption.
- In the latest ranking New Zealand and Denmark were placed the highest, with scores of 89 and 88, respectively.
- On the other hand Syria, South Sudan and Somalia were ranked lowest with scores of 14, 12 and 9, respectively.
- Country’s First Geographical Indication (GI) store is launched at Dabolim International Airport in Goa.
- A geographical indication (GI) is a name or sign used on certain products which corresponds to a specific geographical location or origin.