(Ministry of Commerce and Industry)
Key features of the Portal
Key points of the Portal
- e-Biz portal was announced in 2013 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It is India’s first Government- to-Business (G2B) services portal which aims to improve the business environment in the country.
- It is one of the 31 Mission Mode Projects (MMPs) under National e-Governance Programme.
- It reduces the complexity in obtaining information and services related to starting businesses in India.
- This will help in reducing unnecessary delays in various regulatory processes required to start and run businesses.
- The primary purpose is to enable a transformational shift in the Governments’ service delivery approach from being Department-Centric to Customer-Centric as a single window portal.
Working area of the portal
- A business user can avail all 24×7 online end-to-end services i.e., online submission of forms, attachments, payments, tracking of status.
- It will allow business users to obtain a customized list of licenses, permits, and regulations that they require or need to comply with across all levels of government i.e., Central, State and Local governments.
- For eBiz transactions, an electronic PAO system (ePAO) has been set up in DIPP which will make booking and reconciliation of all Central Government fees received through eBiz portal.
Tenure of the portal
- It was launched for the period of ten years.
- The first three years of the term would be the pilot phase, while the remaining seven years would be the expansion phase.
- During the pilot phase, a total of 50 (26 central + 24 state) services from five pilot states were supposed to have been integrated.
- It was envisaged that in 10 years, more than 200 services related to investors and businesses would be rolled out through the portal.
It is being implemented by Infosys Technologies Limited (Infosys) under the guidance and aegis of Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) for a period of ten years.