SEBI Grade A Eligibility 2019: Age Limit & Educational Qualification
SEBI Grade A Officer 2018 Notification was released. Students must want to know about the Eligibility Criteria to apply for SEBI Grade A Officer Exam 2019. This article will provide you the Complete Eligibility Criteria for SEBI Grade A Exam 2019 which include Education Qualification, Age Limit, Nationality & Number of Attempts. Those students who meet the eligibility criteria can only be allowed to fill the form. You can also check the SEBI Eligibility 2019 for OBC.
Eligibility Criteria for SEBI Grade A Exam 2019
Eligibility Criteria for SEBI Grade A exam is based on Several factors, below we are discussing those variables in detail. Students can go through the SEBI Grade A Officer 2018 Exam Eligibility Criteria to know if the aspirant is eligible for the post and can meet the recruitment process.
Educational Qualification for SEBI Grade A Officer 2018 Exam
|Stream||Number of posts||Out of which PwBD**||Educational Qualification|
|1 (Autism/ intellectual disability/ specific learning disability/mental illness)|
1. Master’s Degree in any discipline OR
2. Bachelor’s Degree in Law OR
3. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering OR
4. Chartered Accountant OR
5. Company Secretary OR
6. Chartered Financial Analyst OR
7. Cost & Work Accountant
|Legal||12||4||2||0||18||1 (B & LV)||Bachelor’s Degree in Law|
1 (D & HH)*
Graduate in engineering (electrical/ electronics/ electronics and communication/ information technology/ computer science) OR
Masters in Computers Application OR
Graduate in any discipline with post graduate qualification (minimum 2 years duration) in computers/ information technology.
|Engineering (Civil)||3||1||1||0||5||1 (D & HH)||Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering|
|Engineering (Electrical)||4||0||1||0||5||1 (D & HH)||Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering|
* Indicates backlog vacancies
Candidates are permitted to apply for posts in multiple streams as per their educational qualifications. Separate on-line application for each stream will have to be submitted and requisite fees are to be paid for each application. The recruited officers may be posted to various departments of SEBI, irrespective of their streams.
The date of passing eligibility examination will be the date appearing on the mark sheet or provisional certificate issued by the University/ Institute. In case the result of a particular examination is posted on the website of the University/ Institute, a certificate issued by the appropriate authority of the University/ Institute indicating the date on which the result was posted on the website will be taken as the date of passing.
Candidates who have appeared for the final examinations and waiting for the results are eligible to appear for the Phase I, Phase II and Phase III of the selection process. However, the offer to join SEBI to the selected candidates shall be subject to the production of necessary documents evidencing successfully obtaining the requisite qualification.
** Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD):
- The specified disabilities are:
- Blindness and Low Vision,
- Deaf and Hard of Hearing,
- Locomotor Disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy,
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness,
- Multiple disabilities and
- Other disabilities (as per Rights of Persons With Disabilities Act, 2016)
- The PwBD candidates may belong to any category (i.e., GEN/ SC/ ST/ OBC) and they will be eligible for age relaxations. Reservation for PwBD is horizontal and within the overall vacancies for the posts.
- PwBD means a person with not less than forty percent of a specified benchmark disability where specified disability has not been defined in measurable terms and are eligible to apply in the GEN/ SC/ ST/ OBC category. They will be eligible for concession in the application fee.
Age Limit (as on 31/08/2018):
- A candidate must not have exceeded the age of 30 years as on August 31, 2018 i.e., the candidate must have been born on or after September 01, 1988.
- The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- up to a maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe if the posts are reserved for them;
- up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates if the posts are reserved for them;
- Only those candidates belonging to ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ are eligible to apply under OBC Category. The OBC candidates who belong to ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to apply under OBC Category. Candidates belonging to OBC category but coming in the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. They should indicate their category as ‘Unreserved’. Candidates belonging to the OBC (NCL) category should have OBC (NCL) certificate issued on or after April 01, 2018.
- Relaxation of 10 (ten) years for PwBD candidates shall be applicable whether the post is reserved or not. Relaxation of 13 (thirteen) years for PwBD (OBC) candidates where vacancies are reserved for OBC candidates. Also Relaxation of 15 (fifteen) years for PwBD (SC/ST) candidates where vacancies are reserved for SC/ST candidates.
- Relaxation of 5 (five) years for Ex-servicemen. Ex-servicemen include Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers, who have rendered at least five years continuous Military Service and have been released a) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 31, 2018) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or b) on account of physical disability physical disability attributable to Military Service or c) on invalidment. Emergency Commissioned Officers/Short Service Commissioned Officers who have completed their initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service but whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues certificates that they would be released on selection within three months from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
- Relaxation of 5 (five) years for candidates ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu and Kashmir between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under the category of Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, Ex-servicemen and persons domiciled in the State of J & K will be eligible for grant of cumulative age- relaxation.
Where there is no vacancy reserved for OBC/SC/ST category candidates, such candidates can still apply. However, they will not be eligible for any relaxations. SC/ ST candidates are exempt from payment of application fee even in such case but will have to pay specified intimation charges. OBC/ PwBD candidates should possess a latest certificate to this effect issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed Format (formats are available on the SEBI website).