(Ministry of Drinking water and Sanitation)
Key features of the Project
Key points of the Project
- Ganga Gram is a project for sanitation based integrated development of all 4470 villages along the River Ganga.
- Of these villages, Centre and state governments have identified 24 villages to be taken up under pilot project to transform them into ‘Ganga Grams’.
(2) Launched date:
It was launched in the year 2017 by the Ministry of Drinking water and Sanitation.
(3) Components of Ganga Gram:
- Making village ODF
- Proper management of village waste draining into river Ganga
- Proper disposal of solid waste
- Water conservation activities including rain water harvesting/ground water recharge/maintain of well and ponds, promotion of sprinkler irrigation
- Encourage plantation of medicinal plants and promotion of organic farming
- Construction of crematorium
- Promotion of tourism
- Coordination between various Central and State Governments sponsored schemes and their implementation on priority in Ganga Grams
- These works are done in coordination with NMCG (National Mission for Clean Ganga).
- various Ministries
- State Government and Districts.