How to crack RBI Assistant Examination?
Before talking about the books, I want to delve into the syllabus of RBI Assistant as an in-depth understanding of it would help you to locate the right sources for preparation.
RBI ASSISTANT EXAM PATTERN & SYLLABUS:
- RBI Assistant examination is held in 3 Phases- Prelims, Mains and Language Proficiency Test (LPT).
- All papers are bilingual except ENGLISH, which is conducted only in English Medium.
- In case a student is not proficient in the local language, he or she will be disqualified as there is public dealing involved in RBI as an RBI Assistant.
The Syllabus and Pattern of Preliminary and Mains are as follows:
|Sr. No.||Name of the Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1.||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 Minutes|
|2.||Test of English Language||40||40||30 Minutes|
|3.||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 Minutes|
|4.||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 Minutes|
|5.||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 Minutes|
Note: There is a Penalty for Wrong answers marked in the Online Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been marked by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. No marks are deducted for un-attempted questions.
Now that I have mentioned the syllabus of RBI Assistant, I can safely come to your question. First and foremost you need to understand that just relying on various websites and YouTube channels are not going to help you in the cracking the examination. As RBI does not ask fact-based questions rather it infuses tactful and analytical questions for which you need to have a good understanding of the concepts.
Therefore, in my perspective, you should consult some good books for the preparation of the examination.
RECOMMENDED BOOKS for RBI Assistant:
- For solving further problems and practice – Fast Track Arithmetic by Arihant
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non – Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning (MK Pandey, BSC Publications)
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Follow Business Line editorial for Reading Comprehension
- Computer Awareness by Arihant
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent Publications
- Manorama Year Book
- Lucent Publications
- Follow newspapers daily and read about Financial, Sports, Economic News only.
- Kiran RBI’s Assistant Online Exam Paperback Edition
TIPS ON HOW TO CRACK RBI ASSISTANT EXAMINATION
Candidates need to follow the following Tips on how to crack RBI Assistant exam:-
- The first and most important tip on how to crack RBI assistant exam is Regular Reading of Newspapers to be up to date with current affairs.
- Start with Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude& then focus on Other Parts.
- Study Topic wise. Take one topic at one time & practice more questions on that topic till you ace it.
- Take time to revise important topics. Focus more on the topics which are your weakness. Pay less attention to the topic that is your strength.
- Give frequent time – based mock tests to assess your position and analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
- In the Examination Hall strategize according to your preparation. Attempt those sections first that are your strength.
- In the exam hall, there are 200 questions in the paper, and if at any point you feel that a certain question is too tough, you should immediately move on and try to attempt the next one. Time is precious. Don’t waste time on questions you cannot solve.
- Don’t get in the trap of ‘getting everything’ under your belt. Focus on quality of your answers rather than the quantity so as to avoid negative markings which can take down your chances of getting through.
- Dedicate 4- 5 hours of daily preparation and rather than making a time schedule, you should list down the topics you should prepare per day.
- If you cannot study for long hours, it is much better to sit for short hours, but with dedication!
- Take Regular Breaks – It’s always better to give yourself a break after every hour or two than cramming everything nonstop. Give your mind time to soak it all in. This will help you to have a better RBI Assistant Exam Preparation.
- Set achievable targets for yourself, like studying 4 comprehensive topics in an hour, or 7-8 small topics in an hour. This will boost your speed as your mind will not feel overtaxed.
- Use Flashcards to revise anytime, anywhere and with ease! Make flashcards of important dates, event, and keywords to keep your memory fresh. This will help you in a better RBI Assistant Exam preparation.
I hope that this blog will help you in RBI assistant exam preparation. You can also check detailed RBI Assistant Syllabus.