Jago Grahak Jago
(Ministry of Consumer’s Affairs, Food and Public Distribution)
Key features of the Campaign
Key Features of the Program
It is a country-wide multimedia awareness campaign on various issues related to consumer rights and responsibilities across diverse subjects.
- It is launched by the ‘Department of consumer affairs’ under the ‘Ministry of Consumer’s Affairs, Food and Public Distribution’.
- It has been started in the year 2005.
To create awareness amongst the consumers about the all rights of the consumers as-
- Right to safety
- Right to be informed
- Right to Choose
- Right to be heard
- Right to Redressal
- Right to Consumer Education
Pattern of the campaign
- The Government has used multiple channels to create awareness it includes:
- Print media advertisements
- Audio Campaigns
- Video etc.
- It is an all India program includes episodes taken from real incidents based on judgements given by the consumer courts on cases filed in them by consumers all over the country.
The ratio of Centre: State share in the Corpus Fund is 75:25. In the case of special category States/UTs, the ratio is 90:10.
This campaign is implemented through the Directorate of Audio and Visual Publicity (DAVP), the Door darshan Network (DD) and All India Radio (AIR).
Updates of the Campaign
The government is considering revamping its consumer awareness campaign ‘Jago Grahak Jago’ to boost its reach and appeal. The new campaign will cover e-commerce companies and other new-age consumer choices.