- The mission aims to cover all those children by 2020 who are either unvaccinated, or are partially vaccinated against seven vaccine preventable diseases.
- It includes diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, polio, tuberculosis, measles and hepatitis B.
- It aims to fully immunize children under the age of two years and pregnant women with all available vaccines.
- The Mission is being implemented in 201 high focus districts in the country in the first phase which has nearly 50% of all unvaccinated or partially vaccinated children.
- The campaign is part of the Universal Immunisation Programme by 2020.
- The Ministry will be technically supported by WHO, UNICEF, Rotary International and other donor partners.