- It aims to engage constructively with Poor Minority youth and help them obtain
- sustainable and gainful employment opportunities that can facilitate them to be integrated with mainstream economic activities.
- Integrated Skill Training is being provided to the youth in market driven skills.
- The other objectives include, raise awareness and sensitization in health and life skills, Mobilize school drop-out minority youths with formal education and certification upto level 8th or 10th through National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) or other State open schooling systems.
- It was launched for the first time in J&K in 2016, where girls from minority communities are being imparted three-month skill development training in seven identified sectors relevant to the region.