Niryat Bandhu Scheme
(Ministry of Commerce and Industry)
Key features of the Scheme
Key Features of the scheme
- Niryat Bandhu Scheme was launched in 2011 by the DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade), department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce and Industry for International Business mentoring.
- Under the scheme, officers of DGFT will be investing time and knowledge to mentor the interested individuals who want to conduct the business in a legal way.
The objective of the Niryat Bandhu Scheme is to reach out to the new and potential exporters and mentor them to get into international trade and boost exports from India.
- Under this scheme new and potential exporter have been mentored by conducting counseling sessions, individual facilitation, orientations programs, etc. to make them able to do business in international trade and boost exports from India.
- Officers of DGFT would be called as ‘Niryat Bandhu’, and they would assume role of the mentor for interested individuals.
Launced of Niryat Bandhu @ Your Desktop
- In 2015, Niryat Bandhu @ Your Desktop was launched which is an online certificate programme in export-import business under the Niryat Bandhu Scheme.
- This programme will serve the twin objective of Digital India and Skill India.