November Week III — 11 Nov – 18 Nov, 2018
- SIMBEX – Singapore India Maritime Bilateral Exercise is a naval exercise between two navies in the Andaman Sea and Bay of Bengal.
- This is the 25th Anniversary of SIMBEX.
- Nagaland Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio launched GPS Mapping of Government Schools and Personnel Location System in
- This is a first in the country initiative and was under taken by the School Education Department of the state.
- This would help in computerization and digitization of records of all the government schools.
- West Bengal has decided to set up development boards for the Matua and Namasudra
- This decision was taken for social representation and welfare of the 2 communities present in large numbers in the state.
- Supreme Court has approved a separate High Court for Andhra Pradesh and it will start functioning from 1st January 2019.
- This will be the 25th High Court in India.
- At present, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana have a common High Court at Hyderabad.
- Election Commission has set up ‘Sangwari’ polling booths in various constituencies of Chhattisgarh to encourage women voters to vote in the Assembly elections.
- Sangwari means friend.