November Week IV — 19 Nov – 25 Nov, 2018
- The Kerala Infrastructure and Technology for Education (KITE) unveiled its Online Open Learning training platform named-
- It will be used under a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) model, which will enable the state’s schools to go Hi-Tech.
- It will enable training to teachers, students and the general public and the first batch will commence from December 2018.
- This will help Kerala to become India’s first complete digital state in Education.
- Minister of Commerce and Industry Suresh Prabhu released report on Industrial Park Rating System.
- It is a part of centre’s vision to make India a 5 Trillion Dollar economy out of which 20 per cent is expected to be generated from industries.
- It would help increase competitiveness of industries and promotion of the manufacturing sector as it would assess the parks against global standards.
- Maharashtra government led by CM Devendra Fadnavis passed the Maratha Reservation Bill.
- As per the bill, Maharashtra will create a new category called SEBC (Socially and Educationally Backward Class)in order to give reservation to Marathas.
- This has been passed for reservation by citing ‘Extraordinary Circumstance’ as rights of neither OBCs nor Marathas.
- Under certain provisions of Article 15 of the Constitution, reservation can be provided over and above the prescribed 50%.
- Punjab becomes 3rd Indian state after Maharashtra and Gujarat to permanently ban Hookah bars or lounges.
- ‘Vajra Prahar’,a 12-day long joint military exercise between India and the United States was started in Jaipur.