November Week V — 26 Nov – 30 Nov, 2018
- The Ministry of Finance notified an increase of 100 crore in the outlay to Rs 895 crore from Rs 795 crore, for the first phase of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid) and Electric Vehicles (FAME India) scheme.
- The approval of additional 100 crore was done as per the recommendations of the Expenditure Finance Committee (EFC).
- The objective of the scheme is to promote mass adoption of electric vehicles and the scheme will be implemented by the Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises.
- Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) notified the insertion of the item ‘Quadricycle’ as a ‘non transport’ vehicle under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988.
- A Quadricycle is a vehicle of the size of a 3-wheeler but with 4 tyres and fully covered like a car.
- Delhi Government launched a dedicated Open Transit Data portal in the website otd.delhi.gov.in – to spot locations of cluster buses at intervals of 10 seconds.
- This portal was designed and developed by IIIT-Delhi.
- Delhi became the first city in the country to open up transit data of city buses.
- It will also enable the government to install real-time Passenger Information Systems (PIS) or display boards at bus stops and terminals also providing the Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA) at any bus stop.
- Jammu and Kashmir Governor Satya Pal Malik inaugurated a week long annual ‘Jhiri Mela’ – harvest festival at village Jhiri in Jammu district.
- A three-day-long annual ‘Jangalmahal’ festival began in the adjoining forested areas of West Midnapore, Bankura and Purulia districts of West Bengal.
- Initiated and organized by the ‘Jangal Mahal Udyog’, the festival aims to revive and popularise the culture and heritage of Jangal Mahal.