PM- Kisan Sampada Yojana
(Ministry of Food Processing Industries)
Objectives of the scheme
Implemented schemes under SAMPADA scheme
- Kisan SAMPADA (Scheme for Agro-Marine Processing and Development of Agro-Processing Clusters) Yojana is approved in 2017 for the period of 2016-20 with an outlay of 6000 Crore.
- It aims to result in creation of modern infrastructure with efficient supply chain management from farm gate to retail outlet.
- It is an umbrella scheme incorporating ongoing schemes as well as new schemes.
- To provide a big boost to the growth of food processing sector in the country.
- To provide better returns to farmers and is a big step towards doubling of farmers income.
- To create huge employment opportunities especially in the rural areas.
- To reduce wastage of agricultural produce.
- To increase the processing level and enhancing the export of the processed foods.
- Expected output of the scheme by the year 2019-20-
- leverage investment of Rs. 31,400 Crore
- for handling of 334 lakh MT agro-produce
- valued at Rs. 1,04,125 Crore,
- benefiting 20 lakh farmers and
- generating 5,30,500 direct/indirect employment in the.
Implemented schemes under Sampada Yojana
The following schemes will be implemented under PM Kisan SAMPADA Yojana: