- The most recent Ice Age occurred then, as glaciers covered huge parts of the planet Earth.
- Before the recent one there have been at least five documented major ice ages during the 4.6 billion years
- The Pleistocene Epoch is typically defined as the time period that began about 1.8 million years ago and lasted until about 11,700 years ago.
- And most likely many more before humans came on the scene about 2.3 million years ago.
- Its analysts look at the effect of the rupee, global sluggishness and domestic factors like poor infrastructure, lethargic policy and other systemic problems.
- It is also convenient to accuse the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) of keeping money too tight, encouraging the real value of the rupee to appreciate against other currencies, denting competitiveness.
- Neither argument will wash, as a recent report by HSBC demonstrates.
- It is easiest for policymakers to shrug and blame this dismal performance on sluggish global growth
- India’s exports of goods and services have shrunk in 20 out of 21 months.
- After Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka, Bangladesh is expected to edge closer to Beijing.
- This suits the latter’s growing political clout in the region, generously funded by the fruits of nearly 40 years of breakneck growth.
- Beijing and Dhaka will henceforth share a ‘strategic relation’, he announced.
- Last week, Xi Jinping visited Dhaka, the first Chinese president to do so in 30 years.
- What was left unsaid was China’s decision to expand its sphere of influence in south Asia at breakneck pace.
- The Bhagwad Gita points out that one has the right to actions but not to their outcome.
- Christianity sums it as ‘Thy Will Be Done’
- Most of us believe that peace of mind comes from adequate achievements in the external world, despite what spiritual teachers tell us.
- And in Islam, Insha Allah, or ‘God Willing’, refers to a greater Power.
- We nurse a continuing apprehension about the future and towards those whom we perceive as obstructing our way.
- It has taken some time to try to respond to that.
- Steve Ballmer was seen as a visionary leader and inspired the troops.
- The passion, the inspiration and so on.
- But also in his tenure, they missed the boat on the mobile applications of Microsoft and actually opened the door for many other players in the industry
- In fact, his meetings were legendary.
Answers and explanation:
- Sentence A contains ‘then’, which is corresponding to which period?
- The period defined in sentence C, so A will follow C
- Sentence B contains ‘recent one’ what is recent one? It is talking about ice age, which gets introduced in A. Hence B will come somewhere after A.
- D seems unrelated it only talks about humans and a time period, it can’t be start of the paragraph as it starts with ‘And’, hence it should be somewhere near conclusion thus the last in the sequence
- Topic sentence contains Pleistocene Epoch, which is defined in C.
- The sentences talks about economy.
- Except E every statement refers to some ‘it’ or a “connector”, E thus becomes topic sentence
- Since E talks about a shrinkage, i.e. a bad performance, it gets mentioned in D and thus it becomes E’s mandatory pair
- Since a blame game is going on, flow will require more of such blames, another accusation is on RBI. Thus B follows
- Both the mentioned blames are acting as arguments and it is addressed by C in a private report
- ‘Its analysts’.. It here refers to HSBC and it’ll come after C. Hence A becomes the last sentence.
- The given passage talks about South Asian situation
- Except D, you’ll see no mention of Xi Jinping, he is introduced in D as head of the state, and China will mean him, hence D becomes opening sentence.
- Beijing represents China, and Dhaka has been mentioned in D, mandatory pair becomes C which talks about both and their strategic relation. C will follow D
- E contains Chinese decision. Which decision can it be? It is its presence in Dhaka, mentioned in D and C. Hence E will follow
- B talks about ‘latter’ what is latter referring to here? You will see A talks about different countries in an order. B must be referring to A,
Hence, A will come first than B
- The statements are about religion and spirituality.
- Opening statement becomes C as it is introducing the tone and idea of the passage
- E contains word ‘We’ who are we here? ‘we’ is mentioned as us in C.
Hence, E will follow C
- B contains ‘it’ and D starts with ‘And’, A on the other hand is pointing to certain actions which B and D also contain. Hence A comes next.
- B contains ‘it’ which is referred in A
- D starts with ‘And’ and only logical explanation for it is because, Christianity is mentioned first to support Bhagwad Gita’s teaching, Islam also agrees but is mentioned after Christianity here, hence D comes last.
- The passage talks about a personality
- Steve Ballmer is mentioned in B and thus it becomes a topic sentence
- E contains ‘his’ which is mentioned in B earlier, hence E follows
- More traits are mentioned in C which talks about passion and inspiration, thus C will follow B
- D on the other hand, tries to highlight negative points as well hence comes after C
- A talks about ‘that’ which is ‘missed boat’ referred in D, hence A becomes concluding statement