Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
- It offers coverage for death due to any reason and is available to people in the age group of 18 to 50 years ( life cover upto age 55) having a savings bank account who give their consent to join and enable auto-debit.
- A life cover of Rs. 2 lakhs is available for a one year period at a premium of Rs.330/- per annum per member and is renewable every year.
- It is administered through LIC and other Indian private Life Insurance companies.
- A person can join PMJJBY with one Insurance company with one bank account only.
- Eligible persons can join the scheme without giving self-certification of good health.
- A death certificate and simple claim form is required to submit and the claim amount will be transferred to nominees account.