Here are most of the 1, 1.5, 2 and 2.5 marks questions from ESI and FM.
I do not remember the entire question statements as they were long and involved basic understanding of the issue discussed. This will give you an idea about your study horizon as well.
Questions/ TOPICS asked in 2015 phase 2 RBI exam:
- Objective of ICDS. There were two questions within one question on ICDS
- Food security mission
- When can a country declare a severe drought? I remember this question because it was way out of my league and I had no clue about it. The options were something like “when 20% of area is under drought, 40% and so on”
- 14th and 13th FC
- what is CAMELS system under management?
- some question on bridge loan
- Exchange traded futures true false. I don’t remember the question at all
- foreign exchange transactions covers?
- question on definition of motivation
- Impact of fiscal deficit. some statements
- china yuan devaluation effect
- Niti aayog
- poor economics book written by whom?
- NMP Objective
- Function of MSMED
- Happiness index published by which organisation?
- Global competitive index India’s rank
- India rank in HDI
- Activity related to FRBM
- Function of RBI
- Function of NHB
- NHB establishment
- SMEs contribution
- HRD function
- Long term decision- which one among the following is a long term decision? I don’t remember the statements here
- high returns to investor
- Least liquid
- Forest cover in India
- what is 360 degree appraisal
- question on Taylor’s theory on management
- quality of management
- Vanbandhu scheme
- question on Henri Fayol’s theory on management. I don’t remember statements under the Question.
- Urban Population
- Writer of Arthshastra?
- Increase in NPA
- WTO Trade agreement
- Payment bank function
- FDI contributors
- Repo definition
- Min Capital for small banks
- white label ATM net worth requirement
- A question on scheduled areas under the constitution.
- CVC constitutional body
- Who is SEBI chairman
- Cadbury committee- I don’t remember the question but it was something to do about its purpose and time.
- CSR percent
- which is not related with ICDS
- Factor cost GDP
- MUDRA fuction
- PMJDY facilitate
- SDR Currencies
- GST does not cover
- sequence of RRB NABARD SHG KCC in date of establishment
- interest swap
- What does not cause inflation
- Stock exchange is not for money mkt
- what is Six sigma- management question
- Shadow banking
- Gross expenditure
- PPP definition
- the intelligent investor author
the questions look easy on the outside but there were many questions with two inherent questions (look up sample questions released by RBI), which made it difficult and confusing.
1. On “Net present value”. The question had an initial outlay, yearly inflows and terminal inflow given. cost of capital was given. it was required to find out net present value from the above mentioned facts. its an easy question if you know the formula.
2. The second question was a mix of accounting and ratio analysis. there are disagreements about the answer even now. some Balance sheet figures like current asset, fixed assets, total liability, capital, net profit, dividends etc were given. some ratios were also given. it was required to calculate a missing figure through these facts. ratios like “debt equity ratio” were to be used in the question.
English paper had an essay and a precis. essay topics were:
- the essay was on gold schemes. i don’t remember the exact topic but it was something like,”gold schemes introduced by the government” on infrastructure. i don’t remember the exact topic- “Is infrastructure the key to economic growth in India”