RBI Assistant Career Growth, Job Profile, Posting Location
A common query among the students applying for RBI Assistant 2017 is its Job Profile and Salary Details. It is essential that you are well aware of the job profile, salary and perks offered, posting locations as well as career growth opportunities offered by
Check out the detailed RBI Assistant In-hand Salary, Job profile and Career growth and Promotion opportunities in the post below and resolve all your queries now!
RBI Assistant Notification 2017 was released a few days back the online registration for this exam is ongoing. Go through the post below to learn about the work details undertaken by an RBI Assistant and the salary he/she will receive after selection.
RBI Assistant – Job Profile
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) is known as the Banker to other Banks in the country. Thus, the responsibilities one needs to undertake after selection hold critical importance. Assistants are recruited to provide support in the various departments of RBI offices. It is the Assistants who bear great responsibility when a new currency is released or demonetization of currency takes place. Here are the following responsibilities being performed by the RBI Assistants:
- Ensuring Financial Stability.
- Currency Issue & Circulation.
- Banking Document Verification
- Attending to Government Treasury Work
- File work: It includes a collection of receipts, maintenance of ledger, balance tally etc.
- Data Entry: However, with the
digitalisationof the bank these days the job profile of bankclerk is mostly related to working on the computer and entering the day to day transaction.
- Replying to Mails: RBI receives lots of letter on the daily basis where the assistants have to reply the emails on daily basis.
RBI Assistant – Salary & Perks
Let us now discuss one of the most important factors of RBI Assistant post, for which you are applying!
Pay Scale of RBI Assistant:
Candidates after selection will draw a basic pay of ₹ 14650/- per month (i.e. ₹ 13150 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates) in the scale of 13150-750 (3)-15400- 900(4) -19000-1200(6)-26200-1300 (2)-28800- 1480(3) – 33240 – 1750 (1)- 34990 (20 years). They will also be entitled to various other perks and allowances such as:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- City Compensatory Allowance
- Transport Allowance
RBI Assistant In-Hand Salary:
The initial gross emoluments or the in-hand salary of RBI Assistant at present stands at approximately ₹ 32528/- including House Rent Allowance @ of 15%.
Perks Offered to RBI Assistant:
Apart from the above-mentioned salary, a candidate after selection as an RBI Assistant is entitled to following perks of Reserve Bank of India:
- Housing Accommodation (subject to availability)
- Reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose
- Book Grant
- Allowance for
furnishingof residence (as per eligibility)
- Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses of OPD treatment/hospitalization (as per eligibility)
- Interest-free Festival Advance
- Leave Fare Concession (Once in two years for self, spouse
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc.
- Working Days: They have to work only five days a week.
- Public Dealing: There is no public dealing involved, it may be needed to address the public grievances or information providing campaigns.
RBI Assistant – Posting Locations
Candidates after their selection as RBI Assistant will get an initial posting in the RBI Offices within the recruitment zone from which they applied. However, they may be transferred to other locations in case of an administrative exigency to different
- North Zone: Chandigarh (including Shimla), Jaipur, Jammu / Srinagar, Kanpur, (including Lucknow & Dehradun), New Delhi.
- South Zone: Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, and Thiruvananthapuram (including Kochi).
- East Zone: Bhubaneswar, Guwahati (including all North Eastern states excluding Gangtok), Kolkata (including Gangtok), Patna (including Ranchi)
- West Zone: Ahmedabad, Bhopal (including Raipur), Mumbai (including Belapur, Pune and Panaji), Nagpur.
RBI Assistant – Career Growth
Once you join RBI as an assistant, you will get chances to get promoted. All the candidates who wish to get promoted to the Officer level need to apply for the promotion test and appear for the examination as well. But before that one has to undergo their service period of minimum 2 years to become eligible for promotion to Officer Cadre.
Promotions are conducted at a period of every 2 years where Assistants also have the opportunity to be a part of it. There are two processes for an assistant to get promoted to a Grade A officer level:
- Normal process
- Merit basis process
(1) Normal process: The employee has to qualify written exam and on the basis of his experience and seniority in the services of a bank, he/she will be selected as Officer.
(2) Merit basis process: Two-year service (minimum) as a clerk with a JAIIB and CAIIB diploma conducted by Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) is must with graduate/post graduate degree.
There are four scales in Officer cadre:
|Scale 1||Officer / Assistant Manager (Grade A)|
|Scale 2||Manager (Grade B)|
|Scale 3||Senior Manager (Grade C)|
|Scale 4||Chief Manager (Grade D)|