RBI Assistant 2017 – Complete Selection Procedure
RBI (Reserve Bank of India) Assistant 2017 selection procedure is one of the main features to be optimized before applying for the exam. Selection procedure makes you aware of the stages of the selection in that particular exam. Especially when it comes to this exam, you need to be aware of every aspect to get the RBI Assistant job profile. To give you a brief today, we are sharing the complete RBI Assistant selection procedure 2017 which will be based on the three major tests – Prelims, Mains & Language Proficiency Test. The Language Proficiency Test will be of qualifying nature.
RBI Assistant 2017 notification is expected to be released in the month of November. Candidates those who are eligible for RBI Assistant 2017 exam can go through the complete details about 2017 RBI Assistant Selection procedure.
RBI Assistant Selection Procedure 2017
RBI Assistant 2017 Selection Procedure stages
RBI Assistant Selection procedure is based on 3 major aspects. Those are given below:
- Language Proficiency
RBI Assistant 2017 – Prelims
The First phase of RBI Assistant selection procedure is prelims exam. It is an objective type of tests which will consist of 100 questions with a time duration of 1 hour. The Prelims exam of RBI Assistant will be held on 27th & 28th November 2017, following is the table showing the complete exam pattern for RBI Assistant Prelims 2017 prelims exam.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||Composite Time of 1 hour.|
Candidates need to secure the marks set by RBI to clear the sectional as well as state- wise cut off and qualify for the next round of selection procedure i.e. Mains. Marks obtained in the Prelims will be not considered for the final selection of 2017 RBI Assistant Selection procedure.
RBI Assistant 2017 – Mains
Mains exam is the Second & the most important stage under RBI Assistant Selection Procedure. RBI Assistant Mains is expected to be held in the month of January 2018. Mains exam holds an important role in the RBI Assistant Selection Procedure. The Overall Selection is based on the marks obtained by a candidate in mains exam, so it is very important for a student to score more marks in the mains exam. As just cracking the cut off will not help you to reserve your seat as RBI Assistant.
Mains exam is also an objective test consist of 200 marks with a total time duration of 2 hours. Below is the table showing detailed exam pattern for RBI Assistant Mains 2017 exam.
|Sr. No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1.||Test of Reasoning||40||40||Composite Time of 2 hours|
|2.||Test of English Language||40||40|
|3.||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40|
|4.||Test of General Awareness||40||40|
|5.||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40|
RBI Assistant 2017 Language Proficiency Test
This is the third & final stage of 2017 RBI Assistant selection procedure. For recruitment of RBI Assistant proficiency in the local language as specified below shall be an essential Qualification: –
- Candidates who have already studied the language of the State in standard VIII or any level above standard VIII in Government recognised Boards of Education/ School or having any certificate to the effect for standard VIII or any level above standard VIII would be considered proficient in that local language.
- Where the candidate does not meet the aforesaid requirement in the local language at the time of selection, he will be given a time of six months from the date of joining to acquire the proficiency. This period can be extended by the Boards of RRBs within the framework of the rules and provided that such extension should not be beyond the probation period.
Some Important Points to ponder:
1) Each Candidate has to qualify in each of the objective tests as per the marks prescribed by the banks.
2) Never forget about the negative marking in these objective tests.
3) Candidate will be selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the mains examination.
4) So, it is very important for a student to not secure the cut off marks but also score enough marks to make it to the merit list.
5) Earlier the final selection was based on the marks combined with the mains exam and in the interview, but from last year onwards interview has been discontinued at junior level posts by the Government of India.
For more practice and better chances to crack RBI Grade B exam, you can try our new RBI Grade B online test series which has the interface of the official exam.