RBI Grade B Phase 1 2017 : Overall Exam Analysis, Good Attempts and Expected Cutoff
Reserve Bank of India successfully conducted RBI Grade B Phase 1 Exam on 17th June , 2017 i.e. yesterday. RBI issued the notification this year to recruit 161 Grade B officers. The exam process was conducted in two slot. Now we are sharing the overall exam analysis of RBI Grade B Phase -1 exam conducted yesterday. We will also go through the good attempts and Expected cutoff for the RBI grade B Phase 1 Exam 2017.
Overview of RBI Grade B Phase-1 Exam 2017:
There were 4 sections in phase 1 of RBI Grade B 2017 , namely Quantitative Aptitude , Reasoning Ability , English Language and General Awareness section. The exam comprised of 200 questions for a total of 200 marks. Composite time of 2 hours was allotted to attempt 200 questions.
Overall Sectional Analysis :
Quantitative Aptitude :
This section had 30 questions in exam for a total of 30 marks. The level of this section was difficult. The topic wise distribution is as follows :
- Data interpretation contributed for 15 questions in this section. In first slot , below mentioned DI Topics were asked :
- Double Pie-chart DI , It was based on Population and Literacy . The level of this DI was difficult.
- Tabular DI , It was based on Time and Work topic. This DI was of moderate to difficult.
- Caselet DI , It was based on topic of Water and tank. This DI was of difficult level.
In second slot , Following DI topics were asked in examination:
- Caselet DI , It was based on topic of Revenue of railways for three financial years. Its level was difficult.
- Line Graph + Tabular DI . In this DI , there were Missing Data. The level of this DI was also difficult.
- Double pie-chart DI. Two pie charts were given.The level was difficult.
This double pie chart was comparatively easy then other two DIs.
- 5 questions were asked from a new pattern Comparison topic in which there was Comparison of two quantities .Two quantitites Quantity I and Quantity II were given. It included topics of Linear Equation, Quadratic Equation, Boat and Stream ,Time and Work and Probability.
- Remaining 10 questions were asked from Miscellaneous topics(Arithmetic) . The miscellaneous questions were very calculative and time consuming. The topics which were asked under miscellaneous were : Simple Interest/Compound Interest , Mixtures/Alligation , Percentage ,Quadratic Equation ,,Time and Work , Profit, Loss and Discount ,Probability (question related to Balls) , Mensuration (Question on cone) and Time, Speed and Distance
Reasoning Ability :
Reasoning Ability section had 60 questions with a weightage of 60 marks. The level of this section was moderate to difficult. Following is the topic-wise distribution of questions asked in examination:
- 21 questions were asked from Puzzle and Seating Arrangement topic in both slots . In first slot , following puzzles and seating arrangements were asked :
- There were 6 questions from Circular seating arrangement. The level of the arrangement was difficult.
- There was a Linear seating Arrangement with person facing in North and South directions. 5 questions were asked from this topic. Its level was moderate.
- 5 questions were asked from a Floor based Puzzle
- There were 5 questions from a data arrangement related Month based puzzle.
In second slot , following topics were asked :
- 6 questions from a Linear Seating Arrangement. In this there were Parallel Rows with person facing in north and south directions. It was based on 12 people and 12 companies. The level was difficult.
- A data arrangement of 5 questions was asked. The topic was based on 8 people 8 cities and 4 classes.
- There was Floor based puzzle of 5 questions.
- 5 questions were asked from a month based puzzle which was related to 12 professors teaching six months.
- There were 6 questions from Syllogism topic. The level of the questions asked were easy.
- 6 questions were asked the Input-output Topic. The Input output pattern was moderate and time consuming
- Logical reasoning contributed for a good portion in this section as there were 11 questions from this topic. The topics asked were Inference ,Decision Making Course of Action ,Cause and Effect, , Inference, Strong and Weak Argument ,Statement Conclusion
- 5 questions were asked from the Data-sufficiency topic. In this , the questions included from 6 people Circular Arrangement, order and ranking and 15 people Row Arrangement.
- There were 3-3 questions from Blood Relation and Direction topic.
English Language :
There were 30 questions in this sections. Overall the level of English Language was moderate to difficult. Some topics were moderate while some of the questions were very difficult. Also the questions were not in sequence.The questions were jumbled. So the candidate has to reread the directions for questions every time , Hence making it time consuming section. The topic wise distribution is as follows :
- 10 questions were asked from Reading comprehension topic.There were 2 sets of 5-5 questions. The topics asked were Economy based such as Grexit , European currencies ,Value of currency , Comparative study between American and European Central Bank. There were no vocabualry questions asked in RC topic. Mostly questions were Inference based in this topic.
- From a topic , word Replacement , there were 5 questions in this section.
- There were 2 questions on Sentence Completion which were Phrase based.
- 4 questions were asked from Sentence Correction topic.
- There were 3 questions from Fill in the blanks topics. Two sentences were given in this topic. The level was difficult.
- 3 questions were asked from the topic of Statement Connection.
General Awareness :
This section had the maximum weightage in examination.There were 80 questions from this section.The level of General Awareness section was easy. The topics included were Current Affairs , Banking Awareness Monetary Policies and Static General Knowledge .The topic wise distribution is given below :
- There were around 40 questions from current affairs and major recent happenings.
- 30 questions were related to Banking Awareness , RBI policies.
- There were 10 questions from Static General Awareness topics.
We have already shared General Awareness Questions with Answers Asked in RBI Grade B phase 1 exam 2017. Go through it to know the questions asked.
Section wise Good Attempts :
Number of Questions
Average time taken
115 – 120
Expected Cutoff for RBI Grade B phase 1 2017 :
Keeping in mind the difficulty level of Exam as well as the number of vacancies available , The expected cutoff for RBI Grade B Exam Phase 1 2017 is as follows :
Name of Section
Expected cutoff (For General Category)
6.5 – 9.5
You can also attempt the RBI Grade-B quizzes from the links given below:
All the best for your exams.