Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- SSA – It is aimed at the universalisation of elementary education as mandated by the 86th Amendment to the Constitution of India which made free and compulsory education to children between the ages of 6 to 14 as a fundamental right.
- Initiatives and Sub-Programmes under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA)
- Shagun Portal – It has two components i.e Repository of best practices to learn from success stories & Online Monitoring of the SSA implemented by States and UTs.
- Padhe Bharat Badhe Bharat – To improve the reading and writing skills of children in classes I and II, along with their mathematics skills.
- Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyan (RAA) – It aims to motivate and engage children of the age group of 6-18 years, in Science, Mathematics and Technology by Institutions of Higher Education like IIT’s, IISER’s and NIT’s.
- Vidyanjali – To enhance community and private sector involvement in Government run elementary schools across the country.