Scheme for IPR awareness-
‘Creative India; Innovative India’
(Ministry of Commerce and Industry)
Key features of the Scheme
Key Features of the scheme
- ‘Scheme for IPR Awareness – Creative India; Innovative India’ has been launched in the year 2017 for taking forward the National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy 2016.
- It was launched by Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) , Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- It aims at raising IPR awareness amongst students, youth, authors, artists, budding inventors and professionals.
- It inspires them to create, innovate and protect their creations and inventions across the country.
Total project Duration – 3 years (2017 – 2020).
- The scheme included these programs:
- Over 4000 IPR awareness workshops in academic institutions and the industry across India.
- 40 training programs (Training of Trainers)
- 5 workshops with eminent International speakers on IP in the global context
- 270 IP training and sensitization programmes for enforcement agencies and judiciary
- Workshops will cover all vital IP topics including –
- international filing procedures
- promotion of Geographical Indications and
- highlighting the ill effects of piracy and counterfeiting.
Funds to implement this scheme will be made available from the head ‘Intellectual Property’ under the head ‘Awareness Campaign’ which has already been approved in CIPAM’s DPR.