Soil Health Card Scheme (SHC)
- It is a report provided to all farmers which informs of the nutrient content in the soil.
- It gives crop-wise recommendation of appropriate dosage of fertilizers and nutrients.
- It will be provided once in 3 years.
- The scheme is to be implemented on 50:50 sharing pattern between centre and state.
- Scheme issues soil cards to farmers which will carry crop-wise recommendations of nutrients and fertilisers required for the individual farms to help farmers to improve productivity through judicious use of inputs.
- All soil samples are to be tested in various soil testing labs across the country.
- By March, 2017, the government has distributed 6 crore cards against a target of 14 crore.