- Youth Bar Association of India v Union of India and others
- In the case, the Supreme court has directed the police to upload all FIRs within 48 hours of filing.
- The accused will be able to find out quickly the charges against him or her that will enable him to challenge allegations quickly and protect himself from police harassment on flimsy grounds.
- It will curb arbitrariness of police work as well.
- Protection of Human Rights as envisaged by the UNCHR
- Only exceptions to this order are:
- In cases of Sexual Harassment where Privacy Rights are concerned
- In case of National Security issues
- Both of these are also appealable
Police Reforms — see PIL filed by former Uttar Pradesh Director General of Police Prakash Singh.