Swachh Bharat Kosh (SBK)
(Ministry of Finance)
Key features of the Campaign
Key Features of the Kosh
- Swachh Bharat Kosh was launched in 2014 by the Department of Expenditure, The Ministry of Finance.
- SBK has been set up to attract Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds from Corporate Sector and contributions from individuals and philanthropists to achieve the objective of Clean India (Swachh Bharat) by the year 2019.
- The Kosh will be used to achieve the objective of improving cleanliness levels in rural and urban areas, including in schools.
- The fund seeks “channelization of philanthropic contributions and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds.
- The fund will be used for-
- bringing out innovative/unique projects and girl toilets will be the priority area to start with.
- Construction of community/individual toilets in rural areas, urban areas, in government schools and in anganwadis.
- Construction activity for water supply to the constructed toilets.
- improving solid and liquid waste management.
- Facilitating maintenance of constructed toilets
- The Swachh Bharat Kosh (SBK) has received more than Rs 673 crores as part of corporate social responsibility activities in three years since 2015-16 as of July 2018.
- In the year 2015-16, the SBK received Rs 253.03 crore, Rs 244.72 crore in 2016-17 and Rs 175.32 crore in 2017-18.