(Ministry of Drinking water and Sanitation)
Key features of the scheme
Key features of the Programme
Swachhathon 1.0 – Swachhata Hackathon is an attempt to crowd source solutions for some of the pressing problems faced by the country in Sanitation and Hygiene launched by the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MoDWS) in the year 2017.
(2) Categories of Challenges which need solutions:
a) Monitoring usage of toilets
b) Triggering behavior change
c) Toilet Technologies in Difficult terrains
d) Working solutions for maintenance and operations of school toilets.
e) Technological solutions for safe disposal of menstrual waste
f) Solution for early decomposition of faecal matter
(3) Eligibility Criteria:
- The hackathon is an open for all (including international entries).
- Entries can be submitted by individuals/ group of individuals/organizations including start-ups.
- A team can consist of maximum 10 participants.
- Participation is open for all age groups.
- MoDWS invites entries from students of schools and colleges, professionals, organizations, startups and others to come up with exciting, innovative, novel and viable solutions for the problems regarding sanitation and hygine.
- Winners will get the reward and Also, incubation for worthy entries by the MoDWS is a possibility as well (will depend on the number and quality of applications).
(5) Reward given:
The prizes would be given as follows, based on best three entries in the Grand Finale:
First Prize: 3,00,000/-
Second Prize: 1,50,000/-
Third Prize: 50,000/-
(6) Result of the Swachhathon 1.0:
- On 8 September 2017, the result of the first Swachhathon 1.0 was declared.
- The Hackathon received a massive response from across the country, with 3053 entries received.
- Kerala based Eram Scientific Solutions won the maiden Swachhathon 1.0 Award in the `Monitoring Usage of Toilets’ category.