UGC NET 2022 Syllabus, Exam Pattern, Application Form & Apply Online
Topics Covered: UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern & Syllabus for Paper 1 & Paper 2, Steps to Apply Online & Application Form Correction Steps
Are you starting the preparation for the UGC NET Exam? If you are then, welcome to the world where you can get all the information you need.
Let me ask you, were you the kid who always thought that graduation and post-graduation marks don’t matter? Were your parents constantly giving you a hard time during those exams?
Well, you’d do well to know that UGC wants you to be consistent throughout your life too. They want an aspirant with consistent grades.
Talking about the application process- UGC NET Application Form – applying for exams through snail mail was such a pain for all the students. But now the task of applying online is not that difficult.
All that is needed to apply for the UGC NET exams now is a laptop and an internet connection.
Now with the basics clear, let me come straight to the specifics, i.e., the UGC NET Application form 2022, UGC NET Syllabus 2022, etc.
The UGC NET Application Form 2022 process (December 2021 & June 2022 Merged cycle) started on 30th April 2022.
The online form filling, which began on April 30, 2022, was expected to end on May 20, 2022. However, upon reaching this date, UGC extended the last date to apply online.
Eventually, the UGC NET Application Form 2022 process ended on 30th May 2022.
If you are preparing for the next NTA NET Exam, I have mentioned the steps of online registration & application correction dates in a section further down below in the article.
Anyway, getting back, even though our generation is privileged because of the internet, you’d be shocked to know that we can still face issues while filling the UGC NET 2022 application form online.
To explain to you the various topics mentioned above, I have divided the whole blog into various categories.
In this blog, I have also talked in detail about the UGC NET syllabus for Paper 1 and have given the links to the syllabus for the various subjects of Paper 2.
Therefore, if you read through the blog thoroughly, then, along with the process of applying for the UGC NET exam, you shall also get to know what to prepare after doing the same.
So, let’s not chit-chat more and dive into our first topic.
Table of Content – UGC NET 2022 Exam Pattern, Syllabus & Apply Online
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
As per the 2022 official notification, which came out back in April, UGC NET Exam Pattern will not undergo any change.
The UGC NET exam pattern is explained in the following table. Refer to the table and get hold of the Exam pattern of UGC NET from the outset.
|Exam Pattern||Paper 1||Paper 2|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours (Paper 1 + Paper 2 Total Duration)|
|Type of Paper||Common for all candidates||Specific subject chosen by the candidate|
|Type of Questions||MCQs||MCQs|
|Total Number of Questions||50||100|
|Marking Scheme||+2 for correct answer, No negative marking||+2 for correct answer, No negative marking|
Talking about the UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022, the exam consists of 2 papers i.e., Paper 1 & Paper 2.
Paper 1 carries 50 MCQs of 100 marks, whereas Paper 2 entails 100 MCQs of 200 marks.
Both the papers are concluded in a 3-hour duration and are conducted in online mode.
The paper 1 is common for the all the candidates and Paper 2 varies according to the choice of subject of the exam-taker and comes with a whopping 200 marks.
With paper pattern clear, it should be noted that the two papers are conducted sequentially without any break in between.
Further, there is no set duration for either paper and thus you are free to allocate your time whichever way you deem fit.
However, it is vital to devote your time wisely and thus I suggest you use approximately 60 minutes for Paper 1 & the remaining 120 minutes for Paper 2.
It isn’t that I want to scare you but UGC NET JRF has one of the toughest selection process and a low percentage of the total candidates appearing for the exam actually clear it.
Moreover, I’d like to add that, even though both exams are tough and equally important, if I had to compare out of the two evils, Paper 1 is definitely a little easier than Paper 2.
So, let’s dive into the paper-wise exam pattern for 2022 before I scare you off any further, and let’s make sure you’re one of the few who pass the exam with flying colors.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 – Paper 1
UGC NET Exam Pattern for Paper 1 (General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude) of the NET JRF is an objective examination constituting 50 questions.
Now for every right answer, the candidate scores +2 marks (yay!). However, there is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
So, be sure to attempt all the questions, obviously, starting with the ones you’re sure about.
That said, even though the marks of both, Paper 1 & Paper 2, together make the final result, it is still advisable for the candidate to try to score the maximum marks in Paper 1 because, remember, Paper 1 is the lesser of the two evils.
The examination cycle is conducted over a period of time to accommodate the various subjects catered by the UGC NET exam.
It is based on the subject selected, the candidate is then allotted the date and shift (mentioned on the admit card) on which his/her exam takes place.
Get all the important information on UGC NET Admit Card & check the complete set of details on the Admit Card here. Furthermore, by clicking on the link, you will get to know the steps to download the admit card, the important dates of the UGC NET Admit Card, and the key guidelines regarding the same.
Now let’s discuss the UGC NET exam pattern 2022 of Paper 1:
|People and Environment||5||10|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022– Paper 2
Talking about Paper 2, we’ve been calling this part of the exam evil for quite some time now, so let’s dig into the details without wasting any more time.
Now, the thing is that Paper 1 and Paper 2 are held on the same day in a span of three hours, and the Overall Selection depends on the marks obtained by a candidate in both the exams. So, it is very important for a student to score equally good marks in both the exams as just cracking the cut off will not help you to achieve a certificate of UGC NET JRF.
Now unlike Paper 1, Paper 2 depends on the subject you want to get your certification in.
A total of 100 questions with the same criteria as Paper 1, +2 for every right answer and NO negative marking for incorrect answers (I guess, it isn’t as bad as we thought).
The UGC NET syllabus of Paper 2 is the complete syllabus of Graduation and Post-Graduation of the particular subject (I think I spoke too soon about Paper 2 not being bad).
Total Exam Duration: 180 minutes
Note: Paper 1 and Paper 2 will be set in both language English and Hindi. A candidate who is giving the exam has to secure minimum marks independently in each paper and total also.
We have launched the UGC NET JRF Complete courses for Paper 1 Exam.
To help you in your preparation, you can go through the Past Year Papers of UGC NET JRF.
UGC NET Exam Pattern – Key Points
- You have to qualify in each of the tests as per the marks prescribed by the NTA
- Go crazy with all the answers you’re not sure about since there’s no negative marking (that doesn’t mean you’ll give the entire exam on a hit and trial basis).
- In all, it’s not just important to secure the cut off marks but also score enough marks to make it to the merit list.
Don’t forget to check the previous years’ cut offs to estimate how much you need to score to pass in the UGC NET JRF Exam.
UGC NET Syllabus 2022
Let’s discuss the thing that we as students dread and can’t survive without either, the UGC NET syllabus.
Remember those days, when we used to be in school, and for any unforeseen reasons, sometimes our syllabus used to be cut short. Well, those days are long gone.
Well, even though the UGC NET Syllabus gets updated periodically, it would never be cut short at the end time. This isn’t school, you guys.
Let’s dive into the exam curriculum that is in line with the UGC NET Exam Syllabus 2022 for both Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the UGC NET.
The UGC NET notification for the year 2022 has been released on 30th April, 2022. And in it both the syllabus for Paper 1 and Paper 2 is given.
Though, a component like syllabus does not change frequently, which is also the case with 2022, but there has been a mini-inclusion in the number of subjects.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus 2022
Paper 1 of UGC NET is a general exam for all of the applicants. Paper 1 is also known as General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude and its subject code is 00.
When it comes to the UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus. This phase exists to test the candidate’s teaching and research ability, the overall general awareness, learning pace, cognitive abilities etc.
Before I provide you with the link to download the NET Exam Syllabus of Paper 1, I would like to state that I don’t want you to waste your time by going through the Paper 1 syllabus here, as I am providing you with a video that solves all your concerned issues.
The video will cover some of the important topics & how to cover them in each of the categories from the Paper 1 Syllabus.
If you still prefer to read, I have also provided the list of important topics in terms with UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus.
Unit 1: UGC NET JRF Teaching Aptitude Syllabus
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding and Reflective), Characteristics and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional and Cognitive), Individual differences.
- Factors affecting teaching related to: Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment and Institution.
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher centred vs. Learner centred methods; Off-line vs. On-line methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs etc.).
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern and ICT based.
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
Unit 2: UGC NET JRF Research Aptitude Syllabus
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Post positivistic approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods.
- Steps of Research.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
- Application of ICT in research.
- Research ethics.
Unit 3: UGC NET JRF Comprehension Syllabus
- A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered. Passages usually pertain to the following topics –
- General Awareness
- Social Media
- Indian History
- Environmental Issues
Unit 4: UGC NET JRF Communication Syllabus
- Communication: Meaning, types and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society.
Unit 5: UGC NET JRF Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages etc.).
Unit 6: UGC NET JRF Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations and denotations of terms, Classical square of opposition.
- Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple use for establishing validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication) and Anupalabddhi (Non-apprehension).
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference).
Unit 7: UGC NET JRF Data Interpretation Syllabus
- Sources, acquisition and classification of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
- Data Interpretation.
- Data and Governance.
Unit 8: UGC NET JRF Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Syllabus
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.
- Basics of Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio and Video-conferencing.
- Digital initiatives in higher education.
- ICT and Governance.
Unit 9: UGC NET JRF People Development and Environment Syllabus
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals.
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on environment.
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions.
- Impacts of pollutants on human health.
- Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
Unit 10: UGC NET JRF Higher Education System Syllabus
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post-Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional and Non-conventional learning programmes in India.
- Professional, Technical and Skill Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration.
(I) Five questions each carrying 2 marks can be set from any Module.
(II) Whenever graphical/pictorial question(s) are set for sighted candidates, a further provision, I.e., passage followed by equal number of questions and weightage be set for visually impaired candidates.
You can download the syllabus for 2022 from the link provided below.
UGC NET Paper 1 Syllabus (Download PDF)
Now that we’ve covered all the important topics from UGC NET Paper 1 syllabus, you must be curious to know the important books to cover these topics.
Let’s head over to the UGC NET Exam Syllabus of Paper 2.
UGC NET Paper 2 Syllabus 2022
Unlike Paper 1, Paper 2 is subject-specific, i.e., for each of you, it will depend on the subject of your specialty (post-graduation). Thus, the syllabus would vary accordingly.
While until last year, i.e., till 2021, the total number of subjects in Paper 2 were 81, but this year, the NTA UGC NET official notification has marked a significant change in the number of subjects of Paper 2.
A new subject has been added, taking the total tally to 82 subjects, for which the UGC NET Paper 2 will be conducted. The new subject that has been added is- Hindu Studies.
I have provided the syllabus for each of them in this section.
For Paper 2, I provide preparation support for Commerce & Management Subjects. Thus, I have created a video to help you understand the detailed syllabus for these subjects. Through this video, you’ll be able to comprehend the UGC NET Commerce and Management syllabi effortlessly.
Before, I tell you the syllabus in detail, I would like to address an important query. How to select UGC NET Subjects? There is a clear answer to this, I.e., It is mandatory that you choose the same subject in which you pursued your post-graduation.
In the table below I have listed all the 82 subjects of Paper 2 and provided downloadable PDFs of their syllabi.
|Subject Code||Subject||Syllabus [in English]||Syllabus [in Hindi]|
|17||Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./Financial Mgt./Co-operative Management)||Download||Download|
|01||Economics / Rural Economics /Co-operation / Demography / Development Planning/ Development Studies / Econometrics/ Applied Economics/Development Eco./Business Economics||Download||Download|
|11||Defence and Strategic Studies||Download||Download|
UGC NET Application Form 2022
With the release of the official notification, the process for online filling of UGC NET Application Form 2022 started on 30th April 2022 and was supposed to end on 20th May 2022. But following a directive by UGC Chairman Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar, the last date extended till May 30th, 2022.
The UGC Chairman, gave an update about the extension of the last date, via his Twitter account.
He wrote, “In pursuant to representations from the candidates, regarding submission of online application form for UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 (merged cycles), it has been decided to extend the last date for submission and fee payment to 30 May 2022.”
The exam is a compilation of December 2021 and June 2022 cycles, I.e., UGC NET 2022 will be known as the December 2021 and June 2022 merged cycle.
About the exam dates. NTA released the dates of exam on 25th June 2022 on the official website. In the concerned notice the initial schedule of the exam was released.
NTA initially announced that the exam will be held in two phases. The official dates of UGC NET 2022 were slated as 08th, 09th, 11th & 12th July (Phase I) and 12th, 13th & 14th August 2022 (Phase II).
However, this schedule could not remain unscathed, as a further notice, which dropped on July 4, 2022, announced the removal of July 8 from the Phase 1 schedule. Now, the dates stood out as 09th, 11th & 12th July and 12th, 13th & 14th August 2022.
The misery did not end here, as only Phase I was conducted successfully, and Phase II had to be postponed to September.
The Phase II exam will be held between 20th and 22nd September 2022.
With September 16th decided as the date when Phase II admit card were to be announced, everything seemed on course. However, on the day, along with releasing the Phase II call letter, NTA UGC attached another extension to the exam, I.e., Phase III.
Phase III examination will come about during 23rd September and 14th October 2022.
And, as for the admit card of Commerce and Management, the admit card of Commerce subject got released on 26th September 2022, the admit card of Management got released on 27th September 2022.
With the information about UGC NET Exam Dates 2022 clear, it is time to discuss UGC NET Application Form 2022.
While you can apply your unique approach in the preparation process of the UGC NET exam, the application form procedure does not offer such liberty.
One needs to carefully take account of all the detailed instructions before going forward with the UGC NET Apply online process.
It is not for me to tell how crucial is the UGC NET Apply Online process. Your hard work, efforts, your future, all can be in jeopardy, if you fail to comply with the instructions. Believe me, I’ve seen candidatures getting refused because of some minor mistake in the application form.
So, pay utmost attention while filling the UGC NET Application form. Keeping this in mind.
The above information highlights the official information about the exam dates.
That said, given below are the events and important dates of the UGC NET Dec 2021 & June 2022 Merged Cycles.
|S.No.||Exam Events||Important Dates|
|1.||Online Application form 2022 (UGC NET Apply Online Process) Submission Opening Date||30th April 2022|
|2.||Last Date for Submission of Application form & Exam Fee||30th May 2022|
|3.||Correction in Particulars in Online Application form||31st May 2022 to 1st June 2022|
|4.||Downloading of Admit Cards 2022 - Phase I||7th July 2022 (for 9th July Exam)
9th July 2022 (for 11th & 12th July Exams)
|5.||Downloading of Admit Cards 2022 - Phase II||16th September 2022|
|6.||Downloading of Admit Cards 2022 - Phase III||Commerce - 26th September 2022
Management - 27th September 2022
|7.||UGC NET 2022 - Phase I Exam Dates||09th, 11th & 12th July 2022|
|8.||UGC NET 2022 - Phase II Exam Dates||20th to 22nd September 2022|
|9.||UGC NET 2022 - Phase III Exam Dates||23rd September to 14th October 2022|
UGC NET Application Form – Required Documents
Let’s make this easy for you, I’m going to make a list of all the things that you need before sitting down and filling the UGC NET application form 2022 (Ready Reckoner). So, enjoy ticking things off the list:
- Board/University declaration
- Ration card/Passport number/Aadhaar card number/Voter ID card number/other Government ID
- Qualifying degree declaration
- Class declaration (if pertinent)
- Financially Weaker Section (EWS) declaration (if pertinent)
- Individual with Disability (PwD) declaration (if relevant)
- Scanned pictures of photograph and signature in JPG position (record size of photograph: 10 kb to 200 kb, document size of signature: 4 kb to 30 kb)
- A legitimate email ID and portable number
- Changeless and correspondence address with pin code
- Four exam areas arranged by choice
- Code of NET subject for which the applicant intends to take the test (accessible in data handout)
- Code of post-graduation course (accessible in data handout)
Even though the overall UGC NET apply online procedure has become easier with the advent of technology and the internet, it still can be hectic.
Don’t worry I have got you covered; I have a step-by-step process on how to fill the form without making any mistakes.
UGC NET: Steps to Fill Application Form 2022
Don’t take filling the UGC NET application forms lightly and make sure you read all the steps carefully to avoid any mistakes.
Although the application form window for the year 2022 is now closed, the steps to apply online does not vary and will now come handy during the 2023 cycle.
Fill Registration Form
Step 1: Visit the official website – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/
Now tap on the “Application Form UGC-NET Dec 2021 & June 2022 Cycle” button at the base of the page.
Step 2: On tapping the button, you’ll be redirected to another page. You need to tap on the New Registration button.
Step 3: On tapping the button, you’ll be redirected to another page. Download the information bulletin.
Move down to the bottom of the page and check the box which says “I have downloaded Information Bulletin, read and understood all the Instructions”.
When done, tap on the ‘Click Here to Proceed’ button.
Step 4: On tapping the ‘Click Here to Proceed’ button, the UGC NET registration page will open on the screen.
Details to be filled in the Registration Form are:
- Candidate’s Personal Details – Your Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Identification Number & Identity type (Note: from December 2018 onwards, Aadhar Card is not a mandatory document for UGC NET registrations. Candidates are free to provide any other valid Government ID number such as passport number, bank account number, etc.)
- Contact Details – Complete Postal Address, Email Address & Mobile Number
- Password Security Details – Password (to be chosen), Security Question (to be chosen) & Security Answer
When all details are filled in, you can tap on the Submit button to continue further with the application procedure. When all details are submitted, an application number will be produced on the screen.
You need to take note of that application number produced application number for future reference.
Step 5: A pop-up appears on the screen which asks you to verify the details you have filled in the Registration Form. Check all the details very carefully.
If you find any errors, click on “Edit Registration and make the necessary changes.
Once you’re doing editing, check the declaration box and click on “Final Submit”.
Step 6: Once you click on the final submit button, a new window opens up. Click on “Complete Application Form”.
Fill Application Form
Step 7: Now the UGC NET application form opens up, you need to fill in the details.
Details to be filled in the form include:
- Exam-related details: Here, you need to choose your preferences for the exam centers. Likewise, you need to choose the subject and also the post (Assistant Professor/JRF and Assistant Professor) you want.
- Personal data: This area incorporates your details, for example, name, gender, whether a single child or not (option only visible if the candidate has selected ‘female’ in gender column), guardians’ name, phone number, email address, date of birth, and so on.
- Mailing Address
- Permanent Location
- Educational qualification: This incorporates filling off details, for example, the subject of postgraduate test, the status of post-graduation (passed/showing up), college name, year of passing post-graduation, the status of M.Phil. And Ph.D. (passed/showing up/not showing up), and so on.
- Security pin: This includes filling off the security number previously given to the page.
Step 8: A pop-up appears on the screen which asks you to verify the details you have filled in the application form. Check all the details very carefully.
If you find any errors, click on “Edit Application Form Data” and make the necessary changes.
Once you’re doing editing, check the declaration box and click on “Final Submit”.
Step 9: A pop-up appears which says to confirm that you want to finally submit the application form.
Click on “yes” if you’re fully assured that you have not made any mistakes while filling up the application form.
Upload Image and Signature
Step 10: Once you submit the application form, a new window opens up which says to upload the images. Click on “Upload Images”.
Step 11: Next, you need to upload sharp images of your signature and a recent passport size photograph – with 80% face (without mask) visible including ears against the white background. The examined pictures and signature ought to be in JPG/JPEG format.
In the image below you can check the other criteria pertaining to these scanned images.
Pay Application Fee & Download Confirmation Page
Step 12: You can pay the UGC NET application fees through SBI/HDFC/Syndicate/ICICI/Paytm payment gateway (debit card/credit card/net banking/UPI). Keep proof of fee paid.
|Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|General - EWS/OBC-NCL||550|
Step 13: Once you have successfully paid the UGC NET Application fees, an affirmation page will be created. Take a printout of the affirmation page and save it for future reference.
UGC NET Application Form 2022 Correction
NTA offers a one-time opportunity to make corrections in your UGC NET Application Form (they know we’re humans and are capable of making mistakes).
They provide a small correction period window, when the process to apply online is finished, wherein candidates can make their desired corrections in some of the fields, such as choice of exam center, city of the exam, photograph, and signature, etc.
The correction process begins after the end of application filling phase. Following the path, the UGC NET Application Form Correction window 2022 opened the day after the application process closed, i.e., On May 31st, 2022, and remained active till 1st June 2022.
How to eliminate an error from Application Form?
Even though the Correction process is associated with the exam process of the concerned year, the steps to edit the application form remains more or less the same every year.
To give you a standard introduction of the UGC NET Correction process, I’ve listed the steps to make correction in the application form below.
The steps given below outline the process to make corrections in the UGC NET Application Form:
Sign-in to the Correction Window
Step 1: Visit the official website – https://ugcnet.nta.nic.in/ and scroll down to the bottom where you will find a blue button – Correction window for UGC-NET December 2021 and June 2022 cycles. Click on that button.
Step 2: A new page will open up. Fill in your application number, password, and security pin and click on Sign in.
Go through the Instructions for Online Correction
Step 3: On the page that opens, you’ll find a section “Correction in Application Form Particulars” at the bottom. Click on the blue button “Correction in Application Form” given in that section.
Step 4: A new page will open up with Instructions and Procedure for Online Correction of Application Form. Check the “I Agree” box and click on Proceed to Correction button.
Make the necessary Corrections and Print/Download the Revised Application
Step 5: Your UGC NET 2022 application form will open up for correction. Make the necessary changes in the application form.
Step 6: One important thing that you need to know here is that you can make changes only in your Signature, Photograph, Personal Details, and Exam Centre Preferences. Anything else apart from these cannot be changed.
Step 7: Click on Submit button once the corrections are made. After correction, you are advised to take a printout of the revised application form for future reference.
UGC NET Apply Online – Key Takeaways
- You can fill the application structure in online mode on the official site of the test as it were. Applications submitted in some other mode won’t be acknowledged
- You can submit just a single application form
- You must enter your email ID and phone number accurately as all the significant correspondence with respect to the test will be finished by NTA through email or SMS
- All the four stages of the application procedure (enrollment, application form filling, uploading of photograph and signature, and application fee payment) can be done together or at discrete occasions
- You don’t have to provide any document other than scanned photograph and signature while applying online for UGC NET
- In the event that the affirmation page isn’t created after the payment of the application fee, this implies the transaction has been dropped. In such cases, the sum will be refunded to your account. Be that as it may, you need to make another payment for the online application form
- You must hold the printed duplicates of the affirmation page for future reference
- Since the whole UGC NET application process is on the web, you don’t have to send any archive through post/fax/by hand/email to NTA (technology really is a boon most of the time).
Applying for any exam can be a little stressful as there’s so much information that needs to be filled in. Before filling the form, remember to take a deep breath and know that even if you make a mistake, you can correct it within the allotted period.
I hope you have found the information, provided above, on Exam Pattern & Syllabus of UGC NET to be quite useful. You should treat these to be the starting point on your journey to ace the exam.
Throughout my blogs on UGC, you will find various relevant information about the exam. I have provided links to some of those blogs on this page. In addition to those, you might find the following resources to be quite beneficial.
I hope I have given you all the information that you might need.
All the best!!
About Anuj Jindal
Anuj Jindal, the founder, is an ex-manager from SBI, with an M.Com from Delhi School of Economics. He also has a JRF in Commerce & Management and NET in HRM, along with more than 5 years of experience in the field of Education.
FAQs: UGC NET Apply Online, Syllabus & Exam Pattern
How to Fill UGC NET Application form 2022?
Filling the application form is the most significant step and hence should be done with utmost care. To know how to fill the form, refer to the aforementioned section-UGC NET: Steps to Apply Online.
What is the number of candidates applying for the examination each cycle?
I have mentioned below, the number of candidates that appeared for the various UGC NET cycles from December 2017 to June 2021.
- Dec 2017 – 700000
- June 2018 – 859498
- Dec 2018 – 681930
- June 2019 – 942000
- Dec 2019 – 793813
- June 2020 – 526707
- Dec 2020 & June 2021 Merged Cycle- 6,71,288
When Will the Official Notification of UGC NET 2022 Exam be Released?
The UGC NET 2022 Official Notification was released on April 30, 2022 on the official website of NTA.
How to apply Online for UGC NET 2022?
There are 4 major stages to your online application process:
- Fill Registration Form
- Fill Application Form
- Upload Photograph & Signature
- Pay Application Fee & Download Confirmation
To know the different steps in each stage you should read the detailed steps to apply online which I have mentioned in this blog.
From my experience of having appeared for the UGC NET exams myself and having mentored thousands of students to do the same over the years, I found that in spite of the fact that the UGC NET 2022 Apply Online process is as simple as it can get, aspirants still make the silliest of mistakes while filling it out. So, follow the steps listed in the blog carefully and avoid such mistakes.
What is the application fee for UGC NET 2022 Exam?
The UGC NET Application Fees for candidates belonging to the General category is 1100 INR, while for those belonging to the GENERAL – EWS or OBC – Non-Creamy Layer categories, the UGC NET Application Fees is 550 INR.
As for candidates from the SC/ST/PwD/Transgender categories, the fee is 275 INR. Given below is the table representing the information given above.
Category Application Fee (in Rs.) General 1100 General – EWS/OBC – NCL 550 SC/ST/PwD/Transgender 275
Can I pay the UGC NET application fee through the demand draft?
No. All payments made through money orders and demand drafts are rejected. According to UGC NET’s official notification, only payments made through credit/debit cards/net banking, or UPI are accepted.
Is the UGC NET application fee refundable?
No, the UGC NET application fees is non-refundable. Meaning that the National Testing Agency (NTA – the body that conducts the UGC NET exam), does not process requests for fees refund once the fee amount has been paid by the candidate.
How can I edit my UGC NET 2022 Application form?
You can edit your UGC NET 2022 application form by taking advantage of the UGC NET 2022 application form correction window. However, the correction window for the 2022 window is closed. It opened on May 31, 2022, and remained functional till 1st June 2022. To know how to make changes in your application form in the form correction portal you can refer to the steps to do the same in the blog above.
Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET exam?
Oh, the joy that candidates feel every time I give the answer to this question of theirs is really amazing to see. Well, here it goes. There is no negative marking in the exam while you gain 2 marks for every correct answer. So, don’t leave any question unattempted.
Can I apply for UGC NET 2022 exam through offline mode?
Again, this is one of the most common questions that I get asked. So, here’s the answer. No, you cannot apply for the UGC NET 2022 through offline mode. With the arrival of the UGC NET apply online process, you can now only apply online for the UGC NET Exam.
Is it necessary to upload a thumb impression with the application form?
This is one of those questions that I don’t often get asked. You see the details about the files, related to your identity, that you’d need to upload while applying for the UGC NET keeps changing every cycle.
However, considering the UGC 2022 Notification, there will be no need to upload a thumb impression while filling up the 2022 application form.
For how many subjects is UGC NET conducted?
UGC NET is a subject oriented exam and includes a total of 82 subjects.
How to change my UGC NET exam centre?
You should use the correction window to change your UGC NET exam Centre. Here are the steps to do so
- Visit the official website, then log in with personal details.
- Click on the button/link with something like “application structure amendment” written on it.
- Make changes in the necessary fields (exam center) of the application structure
- Click on “Submit” to finalize your corrected application form.
However, you should be very careful and attentive while filling your UGC NET application form, and also make sure to fill it according to the instructions given. I am saying this to you to save you the trouble of having to change details in the application form during the UGC NET correction window.
What is UGC NET 2022 salary?
Initially, Candidates can expect a handsome salary in the range of Rs 25000 to 50,000/- depending upon the university & the skills of the candidates. However, with the passage of time this figure will increase.
What is the last date to Fill the UGC NET 2022 Application Form?
Initially, the last date to fill the UGC NET 2022 Application Form was 20th May, 2022, but UGC extended the last date. In respect to that, the last date to fill the UGC NET 2022 Application Form was 30th May 2022.
Does the UGC Net Exam Syllabus Remain the Same Every Year?
The UGC keeps on dwelling and making modifications to the UGC NET Exam syllabus. However, as per trends, it does not implement changes every year, but it is not a said rule. UGC can bring changes to the exam syllabus at its will. Hence, the UGC NET Syllabus may or may not remain the same every year.