UGC NET JRF 2021 Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Result & Job Profile
It was like finding a needle in a haystack but I did it, but last year I found the one considerably good thing (amongst a huge pile of bad things), COVID-19 pandemic had left for the students aspiring to crack the UGC NET exam this year.
The National Testing Agency had extended the date for submission of the online application form for the UGC NET JRF exam from 16.05.2020 to 31.05.2020 and had also postponed the examination in lieu of the COVID-19 crisis to the months of September to November in the year 2020.
In other words, the UGC NET exam of the June 2020 session was postponed and held in the months of September-November of 2020. For that reason, the UGC NET December 2020 session would now be held this year in 2021, in the month of May 2021, from the 2nd to the 17th of May. This is according to the latest Information Brochure of the same on the UGC NET official website.
By the end of this blog, you’ll have in-depth information about the UGC NET Eligibility, dates of UGC NET Admit card Download, and the dates of declaration of NTA UGC NET Exam Result.
So, without wasting any time let’s get started.
UGC NET JRF Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Exam Result, Job Profile & Salary
UGC NET Eligibility 2021
The dates of online application for the UGC NET exam 2021 or the UGC NET 2020 December session to be precise are from the 2nd of February to the 9nd of March, 2021. Having said that, there are the criteria of UGC NET Eligibility 2021 that you have to make sure to fit in order to apply for the same.
So let’s talk about the UGC NET eligibility 2021.
It is important to note that if you fail to abide by the UGC NET eligibility 2021 you can be disqualified later from the examination.
These are the few things I’ll cover under the UGC NET eligibility 2021 for JRF-
- Education Qualification
- Age limit
- Number of attempts
UGC NET Eligibility 2021 – Education Qualification
You don’t need to be an ace performer all through your Master’s, to be eligible to give the UGC NET JRF exam (even though it doesn’t hurt to have great scores).
According to the the UGC NET Eligibility 2021 you need a minimum of 55% marks or grade in your Master’s Degree from universities/institutions recognized by UGC.
However, according to the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria, an aggregate of 50% marks or grade is required for the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Classes (OBC) / Persons With Disability (PWD)/ Transgender category.
Now other than the students who have already appeared and been ranked for their master’s exams, if you belong in any of these categories even you’ll be allowed to give the UGC NET JRF Paper:
- If you’re pursuing a master’s degree or equivalent course.
- If you have already appeared for your qualifying master’s degree (final year) examination.
- In case your qualifying examinations have been delayed (you fall in the lucky category, don’t you?).
- In case you have a CA/CS/ICWA qualification, in which case your qualification will be considered equivalent to a PG degree, allowing you to appear for the UGC NET exam. (This is as per the latest circular of UGC that came out on the 15th March 2021)
With everything in this world, there are always Terms and conditions.
Similarly, the above-mentioned categories of students are only admitted provisionally.
You will be considered eligible only when you pass your master’s exam with the required percentage as per the UGC NET Eligibility 2021.
Well, you didn’t think you could just pass the UGC NET exam and that’s about it?
You must complete your master’s exam within 2 years from the date of the NTA UGC NET exam result, otherwise, you’re disqualified.
UGC NET Eligibility 2021 – Age Limit And Relaxations
When they say age is a just number, well, they’re not lying but they’re not completely accurate.
There is no age to go after your dreams but the more you delay it the more sacrifices you have to make.
When we’re talking about the UGC NET exam, there is no age limit for the candidates applying for the assistant professorship (NET).
But if you’re one of those students aiming to crack the JRF, i.e Junior Research Fellow, your age should be no more than 31 years on the primary date of the month in which the UGC NET JRF Exam is to be held.
However, there is a certain relaxation in years when we’re talking about candidates of the following category:
|S.No||Category||Relaxation (in years)|
|1.||Scheduled Tribe/Scheduled Caste (ST/SC)||By 5 years|
|2.||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 5 years|
|3.||Persons With Disability||By 5 years (GEN), 5 years (OBC), 5 years (SC/ST)|
|4.||Transgender||By 5 years|
|5.||Women Applicants||By 5 years|
|6.||Research experience limited to the period spent on research in the relevant/related subject of Post Graduate Degree||By maximum of 5 years|
|7.||LLM Degree||By 3 years|
|8.||Armed Forces Services||By maximum of 5 years|
UGC NET Eligibility 2021 – Number Of Attempts
No matter what you do in life, never give up on something you’re passionate about.
The UGC NET guidelines help you do just that over your journey of becoming an assistant professor.
In other words, there is no restriction on the number of attempts when it comes to the UGC NET exam.
However, as we covered earlier when we talked about the age restrictions for the UGC NET JRF, i.e., Junior Research fellowship, you should not be over 31 years.
So as soon as you turn over 32, you’re no longer eligible to apply for JRF. Don’t be disheartened because you can still opt to give NET in any of your preferred subjects.
By this point in the blog, you’ve probably realized when and under what circumstances are you eligible to give the exam.
UGC NET Admit Card 2021
Now that we’ve already discussed the UGC NET Eligibility Criteria and the UGC NET Selection Criteria, let’s talk about UGC NET Admit Card 2021: How to access it and download it.
Since the examination for 2020 was postponed, the UGC NET admit card download button was only released after the entire process of the form submission is complete.
Now, accessing the UGC NET admit card 2021 for the upcoming UGC NET exam won’t be as hard as it used to be when you were in college.
For starters, remember how we had to go through such a hard time collecting our admit cards from our professors if our attendance was short?
And if god forbid you’re one of those whose roll-call used to be at the end, you had to wait till all the other students signed for their admit cards before every semester exam.
Well, things have certainly changed with the advent of the internet.
No more begging in front of professors and no more waiting in a huge line.
Even though you have to admit those things had their own charm. Now you can just download your admit card online.
Even though it looks trivial, I understand the importance of having everything related to a single topic in one place.
UGC NET Admit Card 2021 Download: Steps
So here are the steps you’ll have to follow for the UGC NET Admit Card download for the UGC NET JRF Examination:
- Visit the official website: ntanet.nic.in
- Check for the link ‘UGC NET Admit Card download’ and click on it.
- You will be redirected to the candidates’ sign-in page.
- Enter the application number, password, and security pin to login.
- Once logged in, you can download the same and take a printout for future reference.
- You can download/ print your admit card now from the option available on the screen.
To help you better understand the steps of the UGC NET download process, I have arranged for you some images of the same. You can refer to these images pertaining to the topic of UGC NET download to do the same.
UGC NET Admit Card 2021 – Important Points!
- Make sure that you download your NTA UGC NET admit card right away and not postpone it for later, in order to avoid any network or server-related issues later.
- Do not forget to go through the instructions provided along with the NTA UGC NET admit card.
- Make sure that you have a copy of the photograph, the same as the one printed on your NTA UGC NET admit card.
- Keep a Xerox copy of your identity proof along with you for the exam.
- Make sure you read all these steps for UGC NET Admit card download accurately.
- Do not forget to take the UGC NET Admit Card to the exam center because there would be no provision for you to be issued a duplicate copy of the same at the center.
- You are not allowed to make changes of any manner to your admit card.
- It’s advisable to visit your exam center’s location a day before, using google maps to avoid last-minute panic attacks.
- Note down the date and time of your exam carefully so as to reach there on time.
- According to the exam rules, you’d need to report at the UGC NET exam center 2 and a half hours before the exam time and cooperate with the security checks done by the administration.
- Remember to carry one of your identity verification documents. You’d need it to enter the center.
- You won’t be allowed to carry any personal articles like mobiles, electronic devices, and other materials to the exam center.
- You’d be provided with a pencil/pen and black paper sheets for rough work in the examination room. Note: Read all the general instructions mentioned on your UGC NET Admit Card 2021 as carefully as you can.
If you forget Application Number & Password for Admit Card Download
If you forget your login credentials such as ‘Application No.’ and ‘Password’, you can retrieve them from the NTA’s official website. You’ll first have to check your SMS/ Email for the ‘Registration Number’/ ‘Application Number’ which was sent to you while registering online. If you do not find the credentials are, follow the steps given below to retrieve your UGC NET ‘Registration/Application Number’ and ‘Password’.
Steps to retrieve Application Number
- Step 1: Open the Login Window and click on the ‘Forgot Application Number’ link.
- Step 2: Enter ‘Candidate’s Name’, ‘Fathers Name’, ‘Mothers Name’, ‘Date of Birth’, and ‘Security Pin’.
- Step 3: Click on the button ‘Get Application Number’. Clicking here will show you your UGC NET Application Number on the screen.
Steps to retrieve Password
- Step 1: Open the Login window and click on the ‘Forgot Password’ link.
- Step 2: Choose from the options available to reset the password such as using ‘Security Question & Answer’ or ‘Verification Code through SMS’ or ‘Reset link through Email’
- Step 3: Enter the ‘Application Number’, ‘Date of Birth’, and other required details.
- Step 4: Click on Submit. Next, you can reset your password and set a new one.
UGC NET Admit Card 2021 Error Correction: Steps
There might be chances that you find a discrepancy in the admit card that you have downloaded pertaining to your preferences and/or the information that you had provided.
If that is the case, then you can call the NTA’s helpline numbers mentioned below in the table. You can call on these numbers on any of the working days between the times of 09:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
|Helpline Numbers & Email IDs'|
|NTA Telephone Number||0120-6895200|
|NTA Email IDemail@example.com|
|UGC NET Email IDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Test Practice Centre (TPC)
Documents to carry Along With UGC NET Admit Card
You must carry the hard copy of the UGC NET 2021 Admit Card to the exam center on the day of the examination. Along with the admit card, you also need to take along a photo ID proof, and one passport size photograph. (the same one you uploaded on the online application form).
You’d need to paste the photo on the attendance sheet on the exam day.
I have listed down the documents to be carried to the UGC NET examination hall are given below:
- UGC NET Admit Card 2021
- Passport Size Photograph
- ID Proof (Driving License/Voter ID/PAN card/Passport/Aadhaar Card(With photograph)/Ration Card/Aadhaar Enrolment No)
- PwD Certificate (If Applicable)
NTA UGC NET Result 2020
The curiosity to know the past year’s results and then set a goal for yourself is something we all do.
And why wouldn’t you be curious and excited to crack the exam yourself, UGC NET job profile is a reputed one and is sought after due to its handsome NET JRF Holder salary.
Probably that’s why NTA UGC NET result 2020 Result is something that will definitely excite you. This is also the reason that the competition is really tough for this exam.
NTA UGC NET June 2020 Exam was conducted from September 2020 to November 2020.
Students can check the NTA UGC NET result 2020 result on NTA official website.
UGC NET result 2020: Steps to Check your NTA UGC NET Exam Result
I am a very optimistic person and I know that you will clear this exam. So let me just tell you the steps to check your NTA UGC NET Exam Result 2020.
- Go through the link provided above or through the official website of NTA. Click on the Result tab.
- Enter your Application number, Date of Birth & Security Pin to view the result.
- The cutoff marks are released shortly after the result is released by NTA. I have mentioned the past year’s Cutoffs here. Don’t forget to go through them.
I hope you’re all clear on how to access the UGC NET Result 2020 for the June session and similarly how to access the NTA UGC NET Exam Result when your results come out.
Now that we’ve baked the cake, let’s see how the cake is going to taste. Yes, you know it, I’m talking about the job opportunities and salary expectations after you’ve cleared the UGC NET JRF Exam. After all, that’s the end game, right?
UGC NET 2021 Answer key Events and Dates
Here in the below table, candidates can cross-check the dates of UGC NET May 2021 (December 2020) answer key –
|UGC NET May 2021 Exam Date||May 02 to 17, 2021|
|UGC NET 2020 May 2021 Answer Key||by May 25, 2021|
Download UGC NET 2020 Answer Key – Steps
Follow the steps that have been given below to download the question paper of the UGC NET December 2020 session and the final answer key:
- Step 1: Visit the NTA’s official website.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Display of Final Answer Key and Question Paper’.
- Step 3: After you’ve clicked the link, a new page will come up which will give you an option to sign in using your date of birth, Application number, and a security pin.
- Step 4: After you have entered the required personal credentials, click ‘Submit’.
- Step 5: After clicking on submit, you’ll be presented with the final answer key.
Information Included on the UGC NET 2020 Answer Key
The NTA UGC NET Answer Key basically comprises all the correct answers to the questions asked in the examination. As far as the other details that are given in the answer sheet, they are given below:
- Name of the examination
- Exam date, time, and shift
- Exam subject name and code
- Question ID
- Correct option ID
UGC NET 2020 – Display of Recorded Responses
Before the UGC NET 2020 results are displayed, the NTA will come out with the display of recorded responses which are basically the answers that you had marked in your exam along with the question paper. It is displayed on the official UGC NET website, or www.ntanet.nic
The recorded responses will likely be displayed for 2-3 days.
UGC NET 2020: Rechecking and Revaluation of Result/Scorecard
It’s very unfortunate that you cannot apply for the revaluation or rechecking of your UGC NET 2020 result under any circumstance. I know it’s unfair, but that the way it is.
The NTA does not entertain any correspondence related to rechecking or revaluation of the UGC NET 2020 result or scorecard.
How to challenge UGC NET Answer Key 2020?
The NTA offers the provision to those who had attempted the latest UGC NET exams to challenge the released answer key, in case they find any discrepancy in it. This provision lasts for 2-3 days.
To challenge the answer key, you’ll have to pay a fee of 1000 INR per question, meaning that, to challenge the authenticity of the answer to a single question will cost you a thousand bucks. Also to be noted is that the fee can only be paid via credit/ debit cards.
Given below are the steps to challenge the upcoming UGC NET answer key:
- Step 1 – To submit a claim you’d need to go to the NTA’s official website first.
- Step 2 – Then press on the link which says “View Question Paper and Challenge Provisional Answer Key”.
- Step 3 – Then log in with your UGC NET registration ID and your date of birth/ password.
- Step 4 – Next, choose the option which says ‘Challenge/s regarding answer key ’ option.
- Step 5 – Choosing the option, you’d see that there are 2 IDs ordered sequentially, one for 50 questions of paper 1, and the other for 100 of paper 2.
- Step 6 – Next, you’d have to select the correct answer using the Option ID given alongside the Question ID for which you want to challenge the answer key.
- Step 7 – Next, you’d need to upload the supporting document for the claimed answer.
- Step 8 – Click ‘Save Your Claims’.
- Step 9 – To finally submit the challenge, complete the payment using the “Click here to Pay Fee” option.
UGC NET JRF Job Profile
Now that we’ve learned how to climb Everest, let’s discuss the blessings that come with it.
Just because I used that metaphor doesn’t mean clearing the UGC NET exam is as hard as climbing the Everest guys.
IT’S HARDER (just kidding).
No, but seriously when we were kids and our elders told us good work always pays off, they knew what they were talking about. It takes a lot to clear the exam but it’s not for nothing.
This section of the blog will give you an insight into the various job opportunities and career growth that you would get after clearing the examination.
Let’s discuss the UGC NET JRF Job Profile, Salary, Perks, and Profiles that you get after clearing the NET JRF paper.
These are the few things I’ll cover under the UGC NET JRF Job Profile –
- Types of Job Opportunities
- Work Profile
- NET JRF Holder Salary
UGC NET JRF Job Profile: Types Of Job Opportunities
No degree or no qualification can ever refrain you from going after what you want even if that means that goal isn’t aligned with what you’ve studied in the past.
I’ve seen people with engineering degrees and job experience of 20 years going after their passion for becoming an actor, so it is impossible for me to write all the job opportunities for you out there because trust me, you can be whoever you want.
So let’s just say I am going to list the few that are aligned with the UGC NET JRF:
1. Assistant Professor – The most obvious choice of maximum students after clearing the UGC NET exam is to fulfill their dream of becoming a college professor.
After clearing NET, you can be an assistant professor in any private or government university. The Payscale obviously depends on the university you work with.
2. Researcher – Now if you’re one of those who always liked being the boss of your own work, being a researcher is right up your ally.
Choose a topic that you’re absolutely passionate about and that has the scope of developing into a long-term project.
You never know if you attain enough credibility in your project, you can find huge organizations that believe in your research and would provide you with enough resources and techniques to brush your skills.
3. Public Sector Job (PSU) – Most of you are unaware of the fact that many UGC NET JRF holders can go for a Public Sector Job.
The UGC NET JRF scorecard serves as a gateway to many Public Sector Jobs.
UGC NET JRF Job: List of PSUs
I am providing the list of all the Public Sector Organizations which recruit UGC NET JRF holders every 6 months:
|S.No.||Name of the PSU|
|1.||Indian Oil Corporation Limited (OICL)|
|2.||Bharat Heavy Electronics Limited (BHEL)|
|3.||National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)|
|4.||Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)|
|5.||Naval Material Research Laboratory (NMRL) Ambernath|
|6.||Oil and Natural gas Corporation (ONGC)|
|7.||Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)|
|8.||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation limited (HPCL)|
|9.||Oil India Limited (OIL)|
UGC NET JRF Job Profile: Working hours Profile
Working hours depend on the type of organization. The timings of a college professor depending on the shift.
Morning shifts are from 8 A.M. to 1 P.M. and Evening shifts are from 1 P.M. to 5 P.M. The working time in any public sector company or any other organization would demand 8-12 hours of work.
UGC NET JRF Job Profile: Salary Expectations
Jobs after NET JRF are very liberal in paying Perks and Emoluments for even the smallest of expenses in Government organizations.
The Pay-Scale of the UGC NET Assistant Professor Salary (NET/JRF Holder) depends upon the job you pursue. I have mentioned below the different kinds of job profiles.
The UGC NET Qualified Salary depends upon the organization you work for.
- A NET/JRF Holder who wants to pursue professorship in Private Universities would be rewarded with Rs.30000 – Rs.70000 Per Month. So, that means UGC Norms for Assistant Professor Salary in Private Universities is that they provide Assistant Professor Salary ranging from Rs.30000-Rs.70000.
- A NET/JRF Holder who wants to pursue Professorship in Government Universities would be rewarded with Rs.55000 – Rs.105000 Per Month. So, that means UGC Norms for Assistant Professor Salary in Government Universities is that they provide UGC NET Assistant Professor Salary from Rs.55000 – Rs.1050000.
- The UGC NET Qualified Salary Provided by Public sectors also depends upon the organization but the basic pay can vary from Rs.60000 – Rs.180000.
This was all about the Salary of UGC NET Qualified Professionals. I hope you have got a good idea about the Salary of UGC NET Qualified Professional.
If you’ve stuck around up until here, I think it’s safe to say you’re determined to crack this exam no matter what. With a clear head and a focused aim, you can not only achieve anything you set your foot on but also do it with flying colours. I tried to make this article informative and interesting for you because I understand studying and researching an exam can be very stressful. After reading this blog, you’ve basically done gathering all the information for NTA UGC NET Result, UGC NET Eligibility, and UGC NET Admit Card Download. I hope you found all the information regarding the UGC NET JRF exam that you were looking for.
Best of Luck!!
About Anuj Jindal
Anuj Jindal, the founder, is an ex-manager from SBI, with an M.Com from Delhi School of Economics. He also has a JRF in Commerce & Management and NET in HRM, along with more than 4 years of experience in the field of Education.
FAQs: UGC NET JRF Eligibility Criteria, Admit Card, Result & Job Profile
Who can apply for the NET Exam 2021?
According to the UGC NET eligibility 2021, if you want to apply for the UGC NET exams, you need to have passed your post-graduation with a minimum aggregate or percentage of 55% from a UGC approved university. In case you belong to any of the reserved categories, then you need only 50% as your aggregate. To get complete details, click HERE.
When will the Official Notification of the UGC NET 2021 June Exam be released?
The UGC NET 2021 exams for the June session will most probably have to be postponed to a later date, owing to the fact that the UGC NET December 2020 exam will now be conducted in the month of May in 2021 from the 2nd to the 17th. For now, the Information Brochure for the UGC NET 2020 December session had been released on the 2nd of February of 2021. As far as the topic of the official notification of the UGC NET 2021 June session is concerned, it’s difficult to predict when it would be released. Now, assuming that you are appearing for the 2020 December UGC NET exam, remember to be quick and vigilant during the exams, don’t waste too much time on one question, make intelligent guesses and attempt all questions as there is no negative marking.
Is there any negative marking in the UGC NET exam?
Oh, the joy that candidates feel every time I give the answer to this question of theirs is really amazing to see. Well, here it goes. Although the UGC NET exams have a uniform marking scheme in both the papers, namely paper 1 and paper 2, which is 2 marks gained for every right answer, there is no negative marking in the exam. This means that even if you make a mistake, marks will not be deducted.
Can I apply for UGC NET 2021 exam through offline mode?
Again, this is one of the most common questions that I get asked. So here’s the answer. No, you cannot apply for the UGC NET 2021 through offline mode. You can only apply for the UGC NET exams online. Besides, applying for exams online is much faster and more fun. Why would anyone want to apply for the UGC NET through the offline mode, especially in this era of the internet, laptops, smartphones, and whatnot?
Is it necessary to upload a thumb impression with the application form?
This is one of those questions that I don’t often get asked. You see the details about the files related to your identity that you’d need to be upload while applying for the UGC NET, keeps changing every year. However, till the most recent exam, it was necessary for candidates to provide a photograph, a signature, a left thumb impression, and a handwritten declaration while applying for the UGC NET exam.
So, don’t worry about this now, whenever the notification comes out you will know all the details about what files would be necessary and what all won’t.
Can I pay the application fee through any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO, etc?
As far as the topic of paying the UGC NET application fee is concerned, the organizers of the UGC NET exam only accept payments through the mode of bank challans. Bank challans are automatically generated after you successfully fill your application form. You are then expected to take a print out of the challan and go to a branch of SBI on a working day and make the payment through cash.
2 days after you pay the bank challan in the bank, you can check the status of your application fee on the UGC website, and if the status is OK, then you will be able to take printouts of the application form, attendance slip, and admit card from the website.
However, it should be noted that the UGC NET application fee submitted through any other mode part from the one paid through a bank challan, such as money order, demand draft, IPO, etc. will be rejected. Also, the fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
What subject should I select for UGC NET?
This is a very commonly asked question on the internet so I’ll be as clear as possible while answering it. You see the UGC NET subject that you’ll select will have to be the one that you have done your graduation and post-graduation in. You cannot apply for a UGC NET exam of any other subject.
This is so because the 2nd paper of the 3 hours long UGC NET exam will be entirely based on the subject that you have chosen.
However, in case the subject that you had done your post-graduation in, isn’t listed as one of the official UGC NET subjects, then you may apply for the subject on the UGC NET list, nearest to the one you have post-graduated in.
How to change my UGC NET exam center?
If you wish to apply for the UGC NET exam, you should be very careful and attentive while filling your UGC NET application form, and also make sure to fill it according to the instructions given. I am saying this to you to save you the trouble of having to rectify your application form during the UGC NET correction window. Now you might ask me what the UGC NET correction window is.
Well the UGC NET organizers or the guys at NTA know that applicants can make mistakes while filling out their UGC NET application forms, so they have made the provision of a 14 -15 days correction window, wherein candidates can make their desired corrections in some of the fields, such as choice of center, city of the exam, photograph and signature, etc. This correction window opens around a week after the UGC NET registrations end.
So yeah, you have your answer there, use the correction window to change your UGC NET exam center.
What is the maximum number of attempts in UGC NET exams?
The UGC NET exam is the most flexible exam in India as far as the number of attempts is concerned. You can choose to sit for the UGC NET exam in your subject of choice as many times as you want and for as many years as you’d like, and if you are able to clear your NET exam, your UGC NET qualifying certificate remains valid for the rest of your life.
However, this isn’t the case if you wish to apply for the Junior research fellowship program or the JRF. For the JRF you can attempt the UGC NET exam as many times as you’d want, but only till the age of 31 years. If you have crossed the JRF application age limit of 31, then you can only apply for the UGC NET but not JRF.
In which language will the UGC NET exam be held?
I know many of my non-Hindi speaking friends might not like the answer that I am going to write. You see the UGC NET paper can be attempted in one of only 2 languages, namely Hindi or English. So, if you are the kind of person that likes to attempt his/her exam papers in his/her mother tongue only, then attempting the UGC NET exam is unfortunately not a good option for you. A better option for you would be to sit for the UGC SET exam of your particular state, the UGC SET is basically a state-level UGC NET exam.
Can a non-collegiate apply for the UGC NET?
I have been asked this question a lot of times before, and my answer might disappoint you. So, If you are a non-collegiate, meaning that if you have never attended college then you will unfortunately not to allowed to apply for the UGC NET exam. To that, I would like to add that just finishing college till your bachelor’s degree will also not be enough for you to be eligible for the UGC NET exam.
To appear for the UGC NET exam, you’d have to be a post-graduate degree holder from a UGC approved college with at least a minimum aggregate of 55% in the final exam of your post-graduation program.