UGC NET JRF 2018 December : Frequently Asked Questions
We are going to share Some Frequently Asked Questions regarding the notification of UGC NET JRF 2018. It is indeed a great opportunity to secure a career as a professor after securing a certificate of NET JRF.
1. What is the start date for online registrations of UGC NET JRF 2018?
The start date of online registrations for all three posts is 1st September 2018.
2. When will the online registrations of UGC NET JRF 2018 close?
30th September 2018 is the closing date for the online registrations of UGC NET JRF 2018.
3. When will the online Fee submission of UGC NET JRF 2018 close?
1st October 2018 is the closing date for the online Fee Payment of UGC NET JRF 2018.
4. What are the Dates to upload Admit Card for UGC NET JRF 2018?
24th November 2018 is the closing date for uploading the admit card of UGC NET JRF 2018.
5. When will the online exam for UGC NET JRF recruitment 2018 is going to be conducted?
Paper 1 & Paper 2 online exam for UGC NET JRF Exam will be conducted from 2nd December 2018 to 16th December 2018 in two shifts each day on Saturdays and Sundays
6. What is the age eligibility criteria for UGC JRF 2018?
Age should be not more than 30 years on the first date of month in which JRF Exam would be held.. There is also relaxation in the upper age limit for JRF 2018 exam based on the following.
|Sr. No.||Category||Relaxation in Age|
|(i)||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years|
|(ii)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 5 years|
|(iii)||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 5 years (GEN) 5 years (OBC) & 5 years (SC/ST)|
|(iv)||Transgender||By 5 Years|
|(v)||Women Applicants||By 5 years|
|(vi)||Candidates Having Research Experience, Limited to the Period Spent on Research in the Relevant/ Related Subject of post graduate degree||By Maximum 5 years|
|(vii)||Candidates having LLM Degree||By 3 years.|
|(viii)||Candidates served in Armed Forces||By Maximum 5 Years|
There is no Age Limit for UGC NET(LR) Candidates for Assistant Professorship.
7. What is the educational eligibility criteria for UGC NET JRF 2018?
Educational Qualifications: Minimum 55% marks (this will be 50% in case of SC/ST/PWD/transgender candidate) or grade required to qualify in Masters degree of each candidate from universities/ institutions recognised by UGC . The minimum qualifying percentage or the grade equivalent for the Degree of Masters will be in aggregate for all semesters/years. These Three type of candidates can also give the UGC NET JRF Paper:
1) Candidate who is persuing their masters degree or equivalent course
2) Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying masters degree (final year) examination.
3) Candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed.
8. My university/college does not award marks/result in percentage, and it allots aggregate grade points such as CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc. In this case, how should I calculate my marks in percentage value?
Some Universities/Colleges do not award Class or percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points in form of CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc. If your University/college defines criteria for conversion of aggregate Grade Point into a percentage of marks, then the same will be accepted. But, if your University/ college does not define criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into a percentage of marks, in the degree/passing certificates, then you can convert your Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale into percentage as per the following table :
|Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale||Aggregate Percentage of Marks|
9. What is the Application fee for UGC NET JRF 2018?
For general category candidates, application fee to apply for UGC NET JRF 2018 is 1000/- and for OBC Category is 500/- and fees for all the other (SC/ST/PWD) categories is 250/- rupees.
10. How many total phases are there in this exam and what is the selection procedure?
There are total two phases under this UGC NET JRF 2018 exam, which are :
1.Paper 1 online examination
2.Paper 2 online examination
The marks obtained in the Paper-I will be added for preparing the final merit list for selection with the marks obtained in (Paper-II).