UGC NET JRF June 2019 Examination: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We are going to share Some Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) regarding the notification of UGC NET JRF 2019. It is indeed a great opportunity to secure a career as a professor after securing a certificate of NET JRF.
1. What is the start date for online registrations of UGC NET JRF 2019?
The start date of online registrations for UGC NET June 2019 Examination is 1st March 2019.
2. When will the online registrations of UGC NET JRF 2019 close?
30th March 2019 is the closing date for the online registrations of UGC NET JRF June 2019 Examination.
3. When will the online Fee submission of UGC NET JRF 2019 close?
1st April 2019 is the closing date for the online Fee Payment of UGC NET JRF June 2019 Examination.
4. What is the Date to Download Admit Card for UGC NET JRF June 2019 Examination?
15th May 2019 is the date for downloading the admit card of UGC NET JRF June 2019 Examination.
5. When will the online exam for UGC NET JRF recruitment 2019 is going to be conducted?
Paper 1 & Paper 2 online exam for UGC NET JRF June 2019 Examination will be conducted on 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28th June 2019.
6. What is the age eligibility criteria for UGC JRF 2019?
Age should be not more than 30 years on the first date of the month in which JRF Exam would be held. There is also relaxation in the upper age limit for JRF 2019 exam based on the following.
|Sr. No.||Category||Relaxation in Age|
|(i)||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe (SC / ST)||By 5 years|
|(ii)||Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 5 years|
|(iii)||Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 5 years (GEN) 5 years (OBC) & 5 years (SC/ST)|
|(iv)||Transgender||By 5 Years|
|(v)||Women Applicants||By 5 years|
|(vi)||Candidates Having Research Experience, Limited to the Period Spent on Research in the Relevant/ Related Subject of postgraduate degree||By Maximum 5 years|
|(vii)||Candidates having LLM Degree||By 3 years.|
|(viii)||Candidates served in Armed Forces||By Maximum 5 Years|
There is no Age Limit for UGC NET Candidates for Assistant Professorship.
7. What is the educational eligibility criteria for UGC NET JRF 2019?
Educational Qualifications: Minimum 55% marks (this will be 50% in case of SC/ST/PWD/transgender candidate) or grade required to qualify in Masters degree of each candidate from universities/ institutions recognized by UGC. The minimum qualifying percentage or the grade equivalent for the Degree of Masters will be in aggregate for all semesters/years. These three types of candidates can also give the UGC NET JRF Paper:
1) Candidates who are pursuing their master’s degree or equivalent course
2) Candidates who have appeared for their qualifying masters degree (final year) examination.
3) Candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed.
8. My university/college does not award marks/result in percentage, and it allots aggregate grade points such as CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc. In this case, how should I calculate my marks in percentage value?
Some Universities/Colleges do not award Class or percentage of marks and allot Aggregate Grade Points in form of CGPA/OGPA/CPI, etc. If your University/college defines criteria for conversion of aggregate Grade Point into a percentage of marks, then the same will be accepted. But, if your University/ college does not define criteria for conversion of Aggregate Grade Point into a percentage of marks, in the degree/passing certificates, then you can convert your Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale into percentage as per the following table :
Equivalent CGPA/OGPA/CPI or similar terminologies allotted on a 10 point scale
Aggregate Percentage of Marks
9. What is the Application fee for UGC NET JRF 2019?
For general category candidates, application fee to apply for UGC NET JRF 2019 is 800/- and for OBC/EWS Category is 400/- and fees for all the other (SC/ST/PWD/Transgender) categories is 200/- rupees.
10. How many total phases are there in this exam and what is the selection procedure?
There are a total of two phases under this UGC NET JRF 2019 exam, which are :
1. Paper 1 online examination
2. Paper 2 online examination
The paper I and Paper II will be held consecutively in a time frame of 3 Hours. The marks obtained in the Paper-I will be added for preparing the final merit list for selection with the marks obtained in Paper-II.
NTA NET JRF Courses
- Research Aptitude
- Teaching Aptitude
- Higher Education
- Complete Paper 1