NTA UGC NET Mock Test & Books
UGC NET Paper 1 Free Mock Test
- 50 Questions
- 60 Minutes
- 100 Marks
UGC NET Paper 2 Commerce Mock Test
- 100 Questions
- 120 Minutes
- 200 Marks
UGC NET Paper 2 Management Mock Test
- 100 Questions
- 120 Minutes
- 200 Marks
Let me begin this article by saying that, cracking the UGC NET exam, or any exam for that matter would first require you to have a well thought out plan, and then ruthlessly execute the same.
That said, in this article I shall be writing in detail about the 2 most indispensable aspects of such a plan for the exam, namely preparing from UGC NET books (Paper 1 Books as well as Paper 2 books) and solving the UGC NET mock tests.
Let me break it down through an analogy.
Have you ever read about how soldiers are made battle-ready for potential conflicts of the future. It’s not much different from what you’d need to do for your UGC NET exams.
Soldiers are first made to go through various exercise modules to acquaint them to the different aspects of war. This is similar to how you’d prepare the various topics from the various UGC NET books.
Then, after the soldiers are done with the exercises, their preparedness for battles is put to the test by putting them through actual battle simulations in controlled settings in the form of Mock drills. This is similar to how you would put to the test your exam preparedness by attempting the various UGC NET mocks.
With that, I guess I have put my point forward successfully. Now to address the topics of UGC NET books and UGC NET mock test further and in detail, I’ll begin with the first one, I.e., UGC NET books.
Table of Content – NTA UGC NET Mock Test & Books
UGC NET Books
Finding the Best Books for UGC NET Exam often involves a lot of hit and tries, and can be a tiring process. I know this because I have taken the exam several times, for the sake of keeping myself updated on the latest trends of the exam.
I can also understand your plight of reading article after article about good UGC NET books online and still finding nothing substantial.
However, being a double JRF holder myself, I think I can help you find the right UGC NET books.
So, without taking more of your time, let’s get started.
Before I hand you down the list of the UGC NET best books, I would like to first advise you to get accustomed to the syllabus of the exam. Go back to the UGC NET syllabus (Also pay a visit to the UGC NET Exam Pattern) if you are not, proceed if you are.
There are thousands of books for Paper 1 & 2 out there but the ones mentioned in this article are the ones I can personally vouch for.
Best Books for UGC NET 2022 Paper 1
|Topics||Best book for UGC NET Paper 1||Author/Publisher|
|General Paper 1||Trueman’s UGC NET/SET General Paper 1 - 2020 Edition||Trueman|
|Teaching & Research Aptitude||UGC NET/JRF/SET General Paper 1 - Teaching & Research Aptitude||Arihant Experts|
|NTA UGC NET/SET/JRF Paper 1 - Teaching and Research Aptitude||KVS Madaan (Pearson Education)|
|UGC-NET/JRF/SET - Teaching & Research Aptitude (General Paper 1)||Upkar Prakashan|
|All subjects and Past year papers||NTA UGC NET JRF Paper I – All 10 Subject + Indian Logic||Shubham Singhania & Anuj Jindal|
|Latest NTA UGC NET Paper 1 – 14 Solved Past Year Papers (7 Papers of 2019, and 5 Papers of 2018 and 2 Papers of 2017) (Link Below)||Shubham Singhania & Anuj Jindal|
|General Awareness||Manorama Yearbook||Manorama Group|
|General Awareness||Arihant Publications|
|Reasoning Ability||A Modern Approach to Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning||S. Chand Publication|
|B.S. Sijwali and Indu Sijwali: A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Nonverbal||Arihant Publication|
|Computer Literacy||Mini Goyal and Shweta Rani: Computer Awareness||Arihant Publication|
|Numerical and Arithmetical Ability||Quantitative Aptitude by R.S.Aggrawal||S.Chand Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude by N.K.Singh||Upkar Prakashan Publication|
|Test of Comprehension and English Language||Wren and Martin: High School English Grammar & Composition||S.Chand Publication|
The books listed above are very comprehensive and cover the topics of UGC NET Paper 1 very efficiently.
That said, if you want, you can check the topics covered in the syllabus of UGC NET Paper 1 & 2 here.
Now that we are done with the best books for paper 1, let us now go over the same for paper 2.
I have made a list of all the best books for UGC NET Paper 2 – Commerce & Management Exams. You can check them out below.
Also, since there are a lot of similarities in the topics covered within the syllabus of Commerce and Management, I have combined the recommended books for both the subjects and have listed them down topic-wise.
Best Books for UGC NET 2022 Paper 2
With the paper-1 books covered, it is time to focus on UGC NET 2022 Paper 2 books for Commerce & Management.
While Paper 1 is a general paper, it is Paper 2 which is specific to a stream and hence the real deal. And to get hold of this you need to work hard and know what sources to refer and what to avoid.
But since, I am here for you, I am making it easy for you. I have prepared a list of books which are most helpful for the subjects of Commerce & Management.
Take a gaze at the following table, as it showcases the best books for UGC NET 2022 Paper 2.
|Topics||Best book for UGC NET Paper 2 (Commerce & Management)||Author/Publisher|
|Business Management||Business Organization & Management||T. N. Chhabra|
|Managerial Economics||Managerial Economics||T. R. Jain & Dr. O.P. Khanna|
|Corporate Governance & Ethics||Corporate Governance, Business Ethics, and CSR||J. P. Sharma|
|Corporate Governance||Bob Tricker|
|Organizational Behaviour||Organization Theory and Behaviour||T. N. Chhabra & B.P. Singh|
|Human Resource Management||Human Resource Management||Aswathappa|
|Human Resource Management||T.N.Chhabra|
|Accounting & Auditing||Cost & Management Accounting||Puneet Bhatia|
|Auditing & Corporate Governance||Aruna Jha|
|Financial Management||Financial Management (numerical concepts)||Jain P. K. and M. Y. Khan|
|Financial Management (theoretical concepts)||I. M. Pandey|
|Financial Management (if weak in both: (numerical & theoretical concepts)||Prasanna Chandra|
|Securities Analysis & Portfolio Management||Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management||R.P. Rustagi|
|International Financial Management||International Financial Management||V. K. Bhalla|
|International Financial Management||Sharan V|
|Strategic Management & Marketing Management||Strategic Management||Adela and Azhar Kazmi|
|Strategic Management and Business Policy||Wheelen & Hunger|
|Marketing Management||V. S. Ramaswamy|
|Marketing Management||Kotler P.|
|Consumer Behaviour||Consumer Behaviour||Ramesh Kumar & Wisenblit|
|Statistics & Operational Management||Statistics for Management||Rubin and Levin|
|Quantitative Approaches to Management||Rubin and Levin|
|Business Statistics||ND Vohra|
|Quantitative Techniques in Management||ND Vohra|
|International Management||International Management||Charles Hill|
|Legal Aspects Of Business||Business Law||M. K. Kucchal|
|Company Law||Reena Chadha|
|Income Tax||Systematic Approach to Income Tax||Dr. Girish Ahuja|
|Direct Taxes Ready Reckoner||Dr. V. K Singhania|
|Commerce & Management Complete Topics||NTA UGC NET JRF Paper 2 – Commerce & Management**||Anuj Jindal & Shubham Singhania|
|Commerce & Management & HRM Past year Papers||Latest NTA UGC NET Paper 2 (Commerce, Management & HRM) – 17 Solved Past Year Papers**||Anuj Jindal & Shubham Singhania|
**My own publications
- ‘NTA UGC NET JRF Paper 2 – Commerce & Management’ by Anuj Jindal and Shubham Singhania has 1500+ MCQs covering a comprehensive and holistic coverage of the complete syllabus of Paper 2 Commerce and Management.
While the table content is comprehensive, I feel it can become overwhelming at times. Therefore, a thorough explanation and insights about the best books for UGC NET 2022 Paper 2 is provided in the video format as well.
Here are the gateways to in-depth preparation:
NTA UGC NET JRF Paper 2 – Commerce & Management 2021 Question Book
₹ 400 ₹ 500
NTA UGC NET Mock Tests
Talking about UGC NET mock tests, I suggest you take them at the beginning of your preparation to understand your strong & weak areas and work accordingly.
Without taking UGC NET mock tests, we would never know where we stand in terms of preparation before the main examination.
At this point, I would also suggest that you make this a part of your preparation strategy. If you haven’t prepared one yet, don’t worry, I have got you covered. You can go through the blog on my suggested preparation strategy for UGC NET to create one.
At anujjindal.in we provide you with FREE NTA UGC NET online mock tests to help you prepare for the examinations.
To take the free UGC NET mock tests that I have made for you, you can go over to my courses page, and sign up by giving your email, and your phone number.
After doing so you’d be able to access all of the UGC NET mock tests that I have compiled for you.
Our mock tests are created keeping in mind the exam pattern and the difficulty level of the questions asked in the exam. You’ll also be provided with a score and the correct answers to each question once you attempt a Complete Mock Test.
That said, in order to crack the upcoming UGC NET exam, you must practice as many Mock Tests for UGC NET as possible.
NTA also provides Mock Tests for Paper 1 and 2 on its official website. These tests are highly important for your preparation as they resemble the actual exam very closely. We have provided the steps to download the NTA mock tests below.
However, NTA provides very few mock tests for each subject/paper and therefore I recommend that you utilize both, the NTA’s and our own mocks to get optimal results.
Moreover, our mocks are regularly updated, replicate the exam structure, are the best in the industry. That said we provide a few of them for free. I have mentioned the procedure to access these tests, earlier in this section.
There are several other benefits of solving mock tests and I have listed some of them below.
Benefits of solving UGC NET Mock Tests
- Helps you better understand the Design of the Exam: You’d be able to understand the exam pattern of the UGC NET better and commit the same to your memory. That way, during the actual exam you wouldn’t have to spend time figuring out which question goes where, and therefore save much time in the process.
- Gets you more acquainted with the difference in difficulty levels of Paper 1 & Paper 2: Practicing on the mock test papers will also familiarize you with the varying difficulty levels of both the papers of the UGC NET.
- Take cognizance of key topics: With more and more practice on UGC NET mock tests, you’d be able to recognize the topics from which questions are most frequently asked. These would be the topics to focus on. You should leave no stones unturned while going over such topics.
- Helps you delineate your strengths and weaknesses: This is one of the most important benefits of solving mock tests. As you practice on more and more mock tests you’ll be able to gauge yourself better according to your strengths and weaknesses. That would allow you to further hone your strengths and work on your weaknesses.
- Helps you to be instinctive and accurate at the same time: This is one of the often-overlooked benefits of solving mock tests, but in fact, is one of the most important. You see with more and more practice on mock test papers using a 180-minute time limit as that of the actual UGC NET exams, you’ll be able to instinctively comprehend and mark the right answers to the questions that you know. This would happen because the extensive practice would render you better hand-eye coordination while solving questions.
How best to utilize UGC NET Mock Test Series: Essential Tips
The following are some significant tips by our subject specialists and toppers:
- Practice to sit for 3 hours, straight.
- One of the key benefits of solving mock tests is to be able to maintain your focus and thus accuracy & speed for the entire duration of the exam.
- Take sincere Mocks for 3 hours and try to spread the time between Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Divide the time in this way: 1 hour for Paper 1 and 2 hours for Paper 2. Taking such a time structure is pretty standard, also 15 minutes here and there can be considered okay but not more than that.
- Once you have completed one mock exam. The game is not over yet, rather it is only half done. Now you have got to analyze every question thoroughly, and not just the answers.
- As far as the questions and options go, if you are not thorough with the concepts do read them again, there’s no point taking another mock without improving your weak areas.
- Next, try to identify the topic you are weak at or the ones you have made the maximum mistakes in, be it Paper 1 or Paper 2.
- After identifying the topic revise, it again and solve MCQs of that particular topic in order to avoid any mistakes in the future.
- Then, take another mock and keep repeating the same process till the very end.
- Don’t spend too much time on one question as there is no sectional cutoff.
- If you follow this process at the end of sufficient mocks say 5 you will start noticing improvement in your scores.
NTA UGC NET Mock Test – Why choose us?
If you have read the blog till this stage, you already know a lot of points why our mock tests are the best for your UGC NET preparation. However, I have listed down the main benefits in a concise manner below:
- Closely resemble the actual exam – In terms of exam pattern and difficulty level of questions
- Comprehensive – Covers the complete syllabus
- Regularly Updated – To keep your preparation up to date with the UGC NET exam
- Standardised – To help you draw meaningful analysis and comparisons with other test takers
- Free Analytics – Provide you All India Rank, question-wise time comparison with the toppers, and a graphical representation of the time spent on each section v/s the time recommended for that section
- Conducted Online – To familiarise you with the online exam system
- Designed by Subject Matter Experts – To always exceed the expectations of our students
How to Attempt Mock Tests on Anujjindal.in Steps:
To prepare well for your UGC NET exam, I would recommend that you attempt the mock tests that I have prepared for you.
You can attempt a few of the mock tests on the portal of my website itself, that too for FREE. I have given the steps to do so below:
- Go to the Top of this page, and click on the “Attempt Now” button of any of the Mock tests I have provided here.
- After the new page opens, you will find an “enroll bundle” button on the right side of the page. Click on that.
- Sign up by giving in your personal details* such as your email ID.
- After giving in your details, and successfully signing up, you’ll see a “Go to dashboard” button on the right side of the page (exactly where the enroll bundle” button was).
- Clicking on the button, you’ll be able to access the dashboard, which will have all the information pertaining to the exam, and the button to “take the test”. Click on the button and start taking the test.
*If in case you are wondering why you need to give in your personal details, it’s because we’ll use them to send you the scores of your test attempts and grant you access to the dashboard where you’ll be able to compare your current test attempt scores with those that you had taken previously.
NTA National Test Abhyas App
The NTA’s National Test Abhyas App was launched by the HRD ministry of the government of India on 20 May 2021, with the intention of providing free mock tests to UGC NET aspirants.
The services of the app can be availed by aspirants absolutely free of cost, and all the mock tests that are available in the app can be downloaded and be then practiced offline. This is sure to help those with little or no internet connection.
You can download the app on the Google’s play store by typing ‘National Test Abhyas’ on it.
Now, I said it earlier and I’ll say it again. No amount of books or online tests or classes can ever be enough if you’re not determined. My job is to guide you and help you with the best book for UGC NET Paper 1 & Paper 2 (Commerce & Management) and various mocks available out there. I hope I did a good job here. Your hard work is the most essential factor in cracking the UGC NET exam and that is one thing that comes to you without any research or without spending any money. Be sure to do your research properly without investing your money anywhere.
Best of luck!!
About Anuj Jindal
Anuj Jindal, the founder, is an ex-manager from SBI, with an M.Com from Delhi School of Economics. He also has a JRF in Commerce & Management and NET in HRM, along with more than 5 years of experience in the field of Education.
FAQs: NTA UGC NET Mock Test & Books
What are the best UGC NET books 2022 for paper 1?
If you look for the best book or books for UGC NET Paper 1 preparation, you are likely to get overwhelmed by the sheer number of books available in the market. However, I have recommended a list of UGC NET Paper 1 books in my blog that I can personally vouch for.
Also, I have written two books (based on what I would have wanted during my own preparation) which you may find helpful:
- UGC NET Paper 1 Complete Syllabus – Comprises 1500+ MCQs covering a comprehensive and holistic coverage of the complete syllabus of Paper 1.
- Latest NTA UGC NET Paper 1 Past Year Question Papers – Comprises 17 Solved Past Year Papers of UGC NET Paper 1 from 2017-2021.
How can I check my preparation through the mock test?
Upon finishing your UGC NET Mock Test, you will be given an option to analyze your performance in the mock test. Let’s say if you have taken the UGC NET Paper 1 mock test, then click on that option to see how you have fared in different sections, if you have scored good marks and percentile in the mock test then your preparation is on the right track. If not, then use the analysis to recognise your strengths and weaknesses.
How should I prepare for UGC NET Paper 1 Exam?
I am sure that you are perfectly capable of creating your own study plan and study timetable for your UGC NET preparations. However, if you feel a little unsure, you can choose to refer to my ‘Personalised preparation strategy guide‘ to help you create your own study plan. The guide has been updated & tweaked to best serve thousands of aspirants like you. The study plan is customized to help you prepare for both, Paper 1 and Paper 2 of the UGC NET. I have made the plan keeping in mind my own exam experience.
Where can I find free UGC NET mock tests?
You may find free UGC NET Paper 1 & 2 online mock tests for the UGC NET JRF exam at the top of this blog. NTA also provides NET mock tests on its official website and you may check this blog to learn how to access them.
From my experience of having cleared the UGC NET JRF twice and from coaching thousands of students to do the same, I can say that solving NTA NET mock tests is an excellent way to understand the UGC NET exam pattern for 2022 and to understand your strong and weak areas. Also, solving online mock tests will train you to finish the papers within the prescribed time limit.
Can Anuj Jindal’s UGC NET Mock Tests help me clear the exam?
Yes. Definitely. I have personally designed the UGC NET mock tests in the most comprehensive manner. The mock tests at Anujjindal.in cover every aspect of the UGC NET exam. So, don’t worry, enroll now for most exam-oriented NTA NET mock Tests.
How to make the best use of UGC NET books for the UGC NET 2022 Exam?
The list of books that I have provided above cover all the aspects of the UGC NET exam. Hence, books can be availed to cover the whole syllabus, and that would be the best use.
Where can I find UGC NET Paper 1 notes for free?
This is a very important question as all the aspirants preparing for UGC NET 2022 Exam have a compulsory Paper 1 which is common for all subjects and they look for free study material for Paper 1. Well, here I am to end your search. I have compiled and provided free notes for UGC NET Paper 1 on my blog here.
Which book is best for UGC NET commerce preparation?
Which book is best for UGC NET exam management?
Is NET compulsory to become an Assistant Professor?
Yes. According to the UGC, clearing the NET exam is compulsory if you want to be an Assistant Professor/Lecturer in any Institute/College across India.
To give you a comprehensive knowledge about the post of Assistant Professor, I’ve made a specific page dedicated to the Eligibility, Job profile & Salary of Assistant Professor.
When to Take UGC NET Mock Test?
I suggest you take a NTA NET mock test at the beginning of your preparation to understand your strong & weak areas first. Then you should work on eliminating your weaknesses and strengthening your strong points.
After doing so comes the time to take another round of mock tests to again see where you stand as per your strengths and weaknesses. Then again work on eliminating your weaknesses and strengthening your strong points.
Then take your third round of mocks. Repeat this process till you have no weaknesses left in you. After that, you should keep on solving even more mock tests till the very last day before your exams. That said, every mock that you successfully solve and the lesser and lesser time duration you do so in will increase your confidence exponentially.
How many UGC NET Mock Tests for Paper 1 & 2 are enough to prepare for UGC NET exam?
Since mock tests are a medium of practice and I am assuming that you know that no amount of practice is enough. Therefore, give as many UGC NET mock tests of Paper 1 & 2 as you can.
Does the NTA also provide free online mock tests?
Yes, the NTA offers free mock tests on its website absolutely free of cost.
Also, these mock tests are very potent study companions and are an integral part of the preparations. So, make sure that you use this resource as optimally as you can. If you do so, your chances of clearing the exam will increase manifold.
What are the steps to attempt mock tests by NTA?
To take the free UGC NET mock tests by the NTA, you can follow the steps given below:
- Go to the official website of the NTA.
- Click on the tab called Mock Test.
- Here, select the ‘UGC-NET’ exam, choose the paper of your choice, and then click “Start Mock Test”.
- Click on the “Login” button.
- Read all the instructions very carefully.
- Post-reading the instructions, tick the checkbox given at the bottom of the page, and press proceed.
- UGC NET Mock Test will open on your screen.