UPSC Mock Tests for IAS/IPS Exams 2023
Topics Covered: UPSC 2023 Mock Tests for Commerce & Accountancy and Management, Benefits of Solving Mock Tests & Tips on Solving Mock Tests
If you are a UPSC CSE aspirant then it is important for you to understand at the beginning of your journey that hard work is a broad concept.
In addition to completing the syllabus, which in itself is an enormous task, you have to tick several other accounts to get the desired output.
While planning, showcasing discipline, and determination are the elements you always have to keep possession of, there’s another vital entity that you cannot lose your sight of.
In all respect, it is the mighty Mock Tests, which you have to carry along throughout your exam preparation.
Like every protagonist requires a sidekick, IAS mock test is the support that will elevate your performance at every interval.
To disseminate further importance of UPSC Mock Tests and inform you of intricacies related to them, let me welcome you to perhaps the most important blog you would read as a UPSC aspirant.
Table of Content – UPSC Mock Tests for IAS/IPS Exams 2023
UPSC Mock Test 2023
Attempting mocks and analyzing them is the cornerstone of any good UPSC exam preparation.
Your job as a UPSC candidate is not just to know the syllabus of the UPSC Prelims and Mains, like the back of your hand, but also to know how to apply your knowledge in real time by solving actual UPSC level questions. Solving UPSC Mock Tests is a pretty good way to do so.
That said, attempting mock tests is somewhat like the mock drills conducted in the army. The whole point of it is to recreate the actual UPSC exam experience, but in the confines of your study room without the actual stakes at play.
UPSC Commerce & Accountancy Optional Test Series
Commerce & Accountancy is one of the most famed optional subjects to choose if you have a commerce background.
If it is the case on your part then there’s no reason to contemplate more. Go about with commerce optional. For your impetus, I have designed the commerce optional test series.
UPSC Management Optional Test Series
Although not as popular as Commerce & Accountancy, each year the management optional gets a dedicated set of takers.
The subject is best suited for all the B-school graduates who are through with the phenomenon known as management.
If you are one of them, then you should definitely take up the UPSC Management Optional Mock Test Series that has been created from my end.
Head over here to get more information.
Assuming that you got my point here, let us take a look at the several benefits of solving UPSC IAS Mock Tests 2023.
Benefits of Solving UPSC Mock Tests
- Know you’re the exam structure by heart: The immediate benefit that you’d notice after solving the UPSC mock tests and previous years’ papers is that you’d be able to commit the exam structure to your memory. That would in turn facilitate your understanding of things such as the sections to attempt first and the ones to leave out for later, based on your strengths and weaknesses.
- Know your strong and weak points clearly: It would become easier for you to gauge your performances segment-wise, subject-wise, and level of difficulty-wise. You’d also get to clearly compartmentalize your strong and weak points according to the topics and segments.
- Know the difficulty level of each question: One important benefit would be that you’d be able to easily decipher questions on the basis of their difficulty levels and the topics they encapsulate.
- Become Fast: The next benefit is an obvious one. Taking more mock tests would mean better speed of comprehension and the ability to solve more in littler time
- Become instinctive: Solving UPSC mock tests and previous years papers would make your moves more instinctive while marking the right answers while attempting the objective-type questions.
Now that you know the benefits of solving UPSC mock tests, it should be further noted that you should atleast attempt one IAS mock test or a previous year’s paper after you have already finished with your UPSC preparation. That way after solving the mocks you’d know which portions of the UPSC syllabus you still need to work on.
Anyway, to elaborate on how to solve UPSC mock tests, you can go through the next section.
Tips on Solving UPSC Mock Tests
Since, in in the section above, I have mentioned the various benefits of solving the UPSC mock tests, in this section, let me jot down some important tips that you can use while doing so, I.e., solving mocks.
Using the tips given below you shall be able to make use of the Mock tests in the most optimal manner. So, here they are:
- Take your Prelims mock papers sincerely, giving 2 hours each for the GS and CSAT papers. And also, while taking your mock mains papers, take the papers using the official time duration of 3 hours for each.
- While solving the UPSC mocks make sure to solve your papers with a calm mind. The objective shouldn’t be just to solve it in the given time. You should make sure that your answers are right, and also of good quality (in the case of the mains papers). Therefore, 15 minutes here and there above the given time limit can be considered okay, but remember to not take any more time than that.
- Once you are done with a mock, do not consider your job done yet, you’d now have to analyze the questions in the mock thoroughly and also the answers you have written for each. That way you’ll be able to identify the concepts that you are weak at.
- After analyzing a mock answer sheet, do not move over to solving another one without first clearing your weak points.
- After clearing your weak points, go over to solve another mock, and do the same again, that is identify your weak points again. For this, you can take help from a mentor as well. You do not have to do this alone.
- Keep repeating this process till the very end.
- Also, remember to not spend too much time on one question while solving the mocks. Move on to the next question if you are not sure about the answer to the question you are stuck at.
- If you follow the process I have mentioned in the above points, you will start noticing improvement in your scores within a short span of time.
Remember, it is highly important to analyse any mock or previous year paper that you attempt. Go over the exam analysis of commerce and management optionals of 2017-2022 UPSC exams.
UPSC Books 2023
UPSC CSE is one exam where the role of books is still utmost. However, what to read and what to skip is still a headache that aspirants face. And largely a lot of time gets wasted in this process.
Thus, to alleviate this pain once and for all I have something which you would be looking for.
To solidify your preparation, I’ve listed the booklist relevant for you also given you the provision of enrolling in mock tests. Visit the UPSC Books page to access the respective material.
Make sure to imbibe all the resources as the book list provided holds the key to your success.
That concludes the section of the UPSC mock tests. Here everything related to UPSC Commerce & Accountancy and Management optional mock test has been delivered. Go through the blog again to gain additional clarity.
All the best!
About Anuj Jindal
Anuj Jindal, the founder, is an ex-manager from SBI, with an M.Com from Delhi School of Economics. He also has a JRF in Commerce & Management and NET in HRM, along with more than 5 years of experience in the field of Education.
FAQs: UPSC Mock Tests for IAS/IPS Exam
What should be the difficulty level of the IAS mock tests that I should solve/attempt?
The difficulty level of the IAS mock tests or the UPSC test series should be a little higher than the actual IAS exam. That is because by solving IAS mock tests of higher difficulty levels, you’d be able to prepare much better for the actual IAS exam. You might even find the actual paper to be easier and may score high marks.
What are the advantages of attempting IAS mock tests 2022?
The advantages of attempting mocks are many, and therefore should not be overlooked. One of the key advantages is that you’ll be able to maintain your focus, accuracy, and speed for the duration of the exams, may it be the Prelims or the Mains. But, as I said, that is just one. There are several other benefits as well. You can check it out in the article given above.
What is the right time to start with UPSC Mock Test Series?
Let me begin this answer by saying that the best time to start with your UPSC Mock test series is right at the beginning of your preparation itself. Even before you have started with your syllabus. Then of course, as the exams come nearer and nearer, you should solve more and more mocks with increasing seriousness, making sure to do so as if solving a real exam.
Solving a mock test before starting your preparation would tell you where you are weak and where you are strong. Then you start your preparation accordingly. And after a while, again take a mock to gauge you strengths and weaknesses, and then carry on with your prep again.
Repeat this process until you’ve no weaknesses left. After that, right before the exams, you can sit down to take even more mock tests, solving them whilst imitating actual exam conditions.