Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), which was launched on 23rd September 2018 at Ranchi, is an umbrella scheme of two on-going centrally sponsored health schemes. Which of the following are the subsumed schemes among the following?
(1) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY)
(2) Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS)
(3) Universal Health Insurance Scheme (UHIS)
(4) Janashree Bima Yojana (JBY)
• Ayushman Bharat Yojana or Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) or National Health Protection Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme launched in 2018, under the Ayushman Bharat Mission.
• This scheme comes under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
• It is an umbrella scheme of two on-going centrally sponsored health scheme-
(i) Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY) and
(ii) The “Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme (SCHIS).
‘Operation Green’ that aims to promote TOP (tomato, onion, potato), was launched in the budget ‘2018-19’. It is launched on the lines of a previous successful revolution, pick out the correct revolution among the below:
• ‘Operation Green’ was launched in the budget ‘2018-19’.
• Operation Greens aims to promote TOP (tomato, onion, potato) farmers producers organisations, agri-logistics, processing facilities and professional management.
• It comes under the “Ministry of Food Processing Industries”.
• The project has been launched on the lines of ‘Operation Flood’.
• Operation Flood is also called White Revolution.
‘GOBAR DHAN’ Yojana is an initiative of MDWS, launched in the year 2018. Which statements are correct regarding the scheme?
(1) GOBAR DHAN stands for ‘Generating Organic Bio-Agro Resources Dhan Yojana’.
(2) The scheme is being implemented as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin).
(3) The scheme proposes to cover 750 projects across the country in 2018- 19.
(4) The programme will be implemented using SLWM (Solid and Liquid Waste Management) funding pattern of SBM-G Guidelines.
• GOBAR stands for Galvanizing Organic Bio-Agro Resources. Galvanizing here stands for energizing.
• It comes under ‘Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation’.
• The scheme is being implemented as part of the Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin).
• It was Launched in 2018.
• The scheme would focus on managing and converting cattle dung and solid waste in farms to compost, biogas and bio-CNG.
• The scheme was proposed to cover 700 districts (with 700 bio-gas units) in 2018-19.
• The programme will be implemented using SLWM (Solid and Liquid Waste Management) funding pattern of SBM-G Guidelines.
To keep our data safe and protected, MeitY has launched a scheme ‘Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana’ in lines with the vision ‘Digital India’. Cyber Surakshit Bharat will be operated on three principles, EXCEPT:
• Cyber Surakshit Bharat Yojana was launched in Jan 2018.
• It comes under the ‘Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology’.
• The move is taken in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision for a ‘Digital India’.
• Cyber Surakshit Bharat will be operated on the three principles of-
o Education and
‘Seva Bhoj Yojana’ is a scheme, introduced by the ministry of Culture which aims to provide financial assistance to the religious and charitable institutions providing free meal, prasad, langar etc. to the community. What is the way of providing financial help to the institutions through this scheme?
• ‘Seva Bhoj Yojana’ is a GST waiver (refunding ‘Goods and Services’ tax) scheme which was Launched in June 2018.
• Under this scheme, Centre’s share of Central Goods and Services Tax (CGST) and Interstate GST (IGST) charged on raw food materials purchased by the religious institutions will be refunded.
• The purpose is to lessen financial burden of religious and charitable institutions providing food, prasad, langar (Community Kitchen), Bhandara free of cost without any discrimination to public and devotee.
• The institution that has been serving free food to at least 5000 people in a month for preceding three years are eligible to avail the benefit.